MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Is it pronounced Buckler or Boochla?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Is it pronounced Buckler or Boochla?
a100user
Just curious.
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
boo-kluh I always thought.
Babaluma
i always thought BOO-kluh as well.
SynthBaron
It's pronounced "You spent that much to make that noise?"

I thought the correct pronunciation was supposed to be "Book-luh". But like Moog, the wrong way sounds better...lol.
SynthBaron
It's pronounced "You spent how much to make that awful noise?"

I thought the correct pronunciation was supposed to be "Book-luh". But like Moog, the wrong way sounds better...lol.
ignatius
"you don't spell it son you eat it"
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
actually... its pronounced "mough"
Lyonel
Facile ! Mr. Green
zthee
In swedish Buchla means a dent. (Though it's not spelled with a "ch" but with a "ck") - it might also refer to a trophy.

Now you know!

applause
a100user
So there is a community spend a ton of money for something they don't know how to pronounce - for some reason I think that is brilliant lol
Luka
pronounced b$$chla
BananaPlug
Quote:
Is it pronounced Buckler or Boochla?

How would you get "Buckler" out of a name that has no "r" in it?
edit: Hmm, must be that silent British "r" I guess. Hadn't noticed your location. Makes sense now.
confusional
Redacted.
parasitk
"Raymond Luxury Yacht"
mono-poly
boechla
a100user
Silent 'r' very English grin

OK let me explain I was listening to the wonderful "The Tone Generation" podcasts that were recommended in another thread and the host - Ian Helliwell pronounced it Buckler. BTW Ian is British too wink

I recommend the podcast it's great, electronic music in the 50's and 60's.

http://www.simonsound.co.uk/52/the-tone-generation-around-the-world-in -electronic-sound.htm
Isabelle Gall
Broke.
Luka
parasitk wrote:
"Raymond Luxury Yacht"

lol
a100user
Linking from the above URL works for me hmmm.....
fluxivity
well then how does one pronounce Verbos? Ver-bose? Like the speaker manufacturer? Or Verb-ose like prolix wordy?
Babaluma
fluxivity wrote:
well then how does one pronounce Verbos? Ver-bose? Like the speaker manufacturer? Or Verb-ose like prolix wordy?

well, first of all get the spelling right, it's spelt verbose, not verbos. then realise that it depends on whether one follows british or american english. any good dictionary should give you the various correct pronunciations.

i'm from the uk and pronounce it verbose with an "ess" not a "zed" sound, but here in japan it would probably get kanafied as "bar-bo-su". wink
cv slime 800
Are you also aware, Mrs. Bueller, that Ferris does not have what we consider to be an exemplary attendance record?
parasitk
Babaluma wrote:
fluxivity wrote:

well, first of all get the spelling right, it's spelt verbose, not verbos.

Sorry man, but it's "Verbos" (as in Mark).
Babaluma
my mistake, and i apologise, so you were talking about a dudes name, right, and not the word verbose? then i have no idea... you'd need to ask the geezer concerned.
fluxivity
and that muir guy, mew-er? like a tiny kitten? Or Mu-wire? an extruded piece of mu-metal?
Who else builds 200e stuff?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2