MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Flicker during some scenes of IDOW
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires  
Author Flicker during some scenes of IDOW
pfontaine2
I love the Hardcore version of IDOW that I've had for a few months now. However, there's a flicker during some shots that is frustrating to watch. It seems to happen most often during some of the shots of the synthesizers rather than the interviews.

I'm curious if this effect was intentional, a byproduct of the camera being used that day (filming under florescent lights can cause flicker for instance) or if it's just my copy. I haven't seen anyone complain about it but it sure is annoying.

This isn't to take away from the film that has been produced. It's a fantastic documentary and very much appreciated by this lifelong synth fanatic.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Pierre
s o l v e n t
Hi Pierre,

Glad you enjoyed it.

That effect was intentional. It's a preset Final Cut Pro "aged film" type of effect, meant to give the impression of it being an old piece of film. I agree it's a bit annoying and we changed it to something more subtle for the theatrical version... it's one of those things that we didn't have time to refine in the rush to get the Hardcore Edition finished and delivered to the large and increasingly impatient pre-order customers. (Mean no slight by the "impatient" comment, but there was a massive pressure to get it done and delivered, that's for sure).

There were a few other complaints about it. There were a couple of others like you who seemed to be extremely sensitive to the flickering but it didn't seem to be an issue for too many.

thanks

Jason

pfontaine2 wrote:
I love the Hardcore version of IDOW that I've had for a few months now. However, there's a flicker during some shots that is frustrating to watch. It seems to happen most often during some of the shots of the synthesizers rather than the interviews.

I'm curious if this effect was intentional, a byproduct of the camera being used that day (filming under florescent lights can cause flicker for instance) or if it's just my copy. I haven't seen anyone complain about it but it sure is annoying.

This isn't to take away from the film that has been produced. It's a fantastic documentary and very much appreciated by this lifelong synth fanatic.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Pierre
pfontaine2
Thank you for the reply Jason. I'm glad to hear that the effect has been scaled back for the the theatrical release. I really started thinking that there was some sort of pressing error on my copy and am relieved to know that it was intentional.

Again, what you've created is a really wonderful and joyous celebration of modular synthesizers and will remain something I'll go back and watch over and over again. Congratulations on getting this film made and hopefully we all have additional projects to look forward to in the future.

Thanks again!
Pierre
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires  
Page 1 of 1