MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

tetsu inoue
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Author tetsu inoue
Cognizant
just listening to ambiant otaku again today, great album. apparently he's been missing for the last few years. i hope he's ok.
plord
Ambient Otaku is an all-timer. I had no idea he had gone missing, I share your concerns!
magneticweb
one of the best ever
nostalghia
where is tetsu inoue

Inland is my favorite, but all of his music is excellent.
duck1887
Ambiant Otaku is certainly great, but my fave is World Receiver. Seven unbelievable tracks. I too hope he is okay sad banana
GGW
I really like World Receiver as well. I did not realize that he had not been heard from. Pete N passed away rather suddenly as well. Fax Records was really leading for a while there.
scozbor
love all his work.

pict.soul is also amazing (Tetsu Inoue and Carl Stone)
BLX
Ambient otaku was the album that got me listening to ambient electronica. What kit was he using back then...Any ideas
GGW
I remember reading that he was into the Roland JD800 for a while:

http://www.vintagesynth.com/roland/jd800.php

... as well as looping cassette recordings.
taylor12k
i was friends with and worked with tetsu and spent time in his studio in NY....(no, i don't know where he is now)

yes, a JD800 was a huge part of those records as well as an Akai S3200 (or maybe 1000? i forgot, pretty sure 3200 tho).. thought i remember some sort of matrix 6 or matrix 1000, but not sur....his mixer was a Soundcraft Ghost (with a better/modified power supply) and everything recorded to a panasonic SV3700 DAT machine. struggling to remember anything else, though... MS20 perhaps... 101 or 106.. 606 i'm almost positive....

might have to dig up some pictures.

BLX wrote:
Ambient otaku was the album that got me listening to ambient electronica. What kit was he using back then...Any ideas
Panason
Wow, nice to see this here. He was my favourite ambient artist for many years. A genius.

His collabs with Atom Heart are also very much worth it if you can find them.

I discovered Matt Hillier (Ishq) more recently and moved on... A more organic, less loop-based sound.

taylor12k wrote:

might have to dig up some pictures.

Yes please!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Page 1 of 1