MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MacBeth Elements Synth
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Author MacBeth Elements Synth
tweaka
This demo from Musikmesse with Ken and Nick from sonicstate has blown my mind surely this has to be the most desirable synth on the planet.

given the hypothetical choice i think i would have more fun and reach higher sonic pleasures from this than a synthi hihi

anyway just watch this ...

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2014/03/14/messe-2014-macbeth-elements- video/?utm_source=more_synths&utm_medium=storiesbox&utm_campaign=more_ stories
RichardC
we're not worthy Ken MacBeth we're not worthy
Thaknar
had a little play with it late thursday after Ken arrived and boy that synth is a beast. the sounds in the vid aren't even the really amazing ones. that synth has a badass deep bass growl as well as a lovely filter resonance.
sadly it has its price :(

btw: Ken is one of the nicest persons I've ever met. loved talking to him!
Reese P. Dubin
What a charming man and synth. Hope they sell a ton so I can buy a used one in a few years.
nikmis
The synth sounds great, but I have synths. What I want is that keyboard controller with associated circuitry. Is that available?
sonicmayhem
nikmis wrote:
The synth sounds great, but I have synths. What I want is that keyboard controller with associated circuitry. Is that available?

Exactly what i would want too! I have too much stuff as is as well but im still going to buy it smile
EMwhite
I asked that of the D3/STG Archangel sequencer. Would be grand if they could decouple the press plates from the sequencer and maybe include the Quantizer/modes.

Certainly, not many of us can pony up 3995 GBP or $6,600 USD so break off the controller which I thought he was releasing separately, and call it macaroni.
Luap
Im rather liking the look (and sound!) of this. Are proper specs available for the big vs eurorack version yet?

Im wondering whats missing from the eurorack version (besides touch keyboard) thats makes it less than half the price of it's big brother..
pelican
The synth has a 3rd osc, lfo, 4 stage env instead of 3 stage, the reverb, and the tape delay sim. Prob other things too
pelican
Midi
Luap
Thanks Pelican. I'm not on Facebook so I expect ken posts most of the info there? Because his website sure isn't too up to date!

So I take it the big synth is all the elements together, while the eurorack chunk o'modular is just a single element?

Either way, I'm interested in the full monty. But I won't deny that it isn't a big wedge of cash! Me thinks one of the many inspirations of this synth is the Buchla easel, in more ways than one! wink
pelican
Not sure he has only said about the main panel and the controller. That leaves 3 racks left. So if you got all 5 you'd get more than what's in the synth.
Adamalthus
Now available for pre-order at AH. for $6,499! Looks like the scheduled delivery date is June 1st. Guinness ftw!
awoke
It is an amazing looking synth - truly a work of art!

Ultimately I'm more interested in the modular version of the various components. Would like more CV control. But nothing is going to be the beauty of that thing elegantly packaged with a gold-plated touch keyboard!
thevegasnerve
Adamalthus wrote:
Now available for pre-order at AH. for $6,499! Looks like the scheduled delivery date is June 1st. Guinness ftw!

Such an interesting synth with an outlandish cost... Geez, a Voyager seems cheap next to that.. Kudos to those that can lay down that sort of cash.
drewtoothpaste
($6000 macbeth) wow what a beautiful work of art

($4000 music easel) amazing, what a great synth

($400 roland) fucking roland, fuck them, i hate roland.
Thaknar
drewtoothpaste wrote:
($400 roland) fucking roland, fuck them, i hate roland.

Roland.... razz

still respect to everyone being able to afford an elements synth. wish I could too.
btw: does everyone who preordered one want to be my BFF wink?
pelican
I ordered☺️
skkatter
pelican wrote:
The synth has a 3rd osc, lfo, 4 stage env instead of 3 stage, the reverb, and the tape delay sim. Prob other things too

It doesn't actually have a spring reverb, but it has a send and return intended for people to hook a spring reverb up to.
Stereotactixxx
skkatter wrote:
pelican wrote:

It doesn't actually have a spring reverb, but it has a send and return intended for people to hook a spring reverb up to.

But it does come with an external spring reverb tank, doesn't it?
Popski
Stereotactixxx wrote:
skkatter wrote:
pelican wrote:

yes, it comes with the belton. (I'm pretty sure).
He seems to imply that in one of the demos.
Thaknar
Popski wrote:
Stereotactixxx wrote:
skkatter wrote:
pelican wrote:

yes, it comes with the belton. (I'm pretty sure).
He seems to imply that in one of the demos.

It definitely comes with the reverb tank. Ken told me at Messe.
also I think its a cool idea with the external reverb tank so that you can exchange it to a even bigger one grin
skkatter
Thaknar wrote:

It definitely comes with the reverb tank. Ken told me at Messe.
also I think its a cool idea with the external reverb tank so that you can exchange it to a even bigger one :D

My mistake! I saw a demo where he said people could attach a spring reverb if they wanted, I incorrectly assumed that meant they'd have to supply it themselves.
Adamalthus
Ken just posted his first full demo.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI7SjdaV_sQ&sns=em)

Monster sounding machine Rockin' Banana!
Isabelle Gall
Damn. Even not being able to control the Buchla with this thing isn't preventing me from scheming and looking around to see what I can sell.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Page 1 of 12