MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Best under $200 delay processor with LOW NOISE?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Best under $200 delay processor with LOW NOISE?
insomniyack
I am looking for a simple, bare-bones delay unit to run an AUX out of my mixer to. It doesn't need any fancy bells or whistles...I just want a LOW-NOISE and GOOD-SOUNDING delay.

What would you recommend for the best low-noise delay unit at the best price? Just simple clear delay?

Can I get this under $200 and still have a crystal-clear delay?
insomniyack
How about the Alesis Nanoverb JUST for delay?

It says it uses 18-bit converters and CD is only 16-bit so I assume for delay recorded to a CD this would be perfect and it would be as good as I can get for a simple delay.

Anybody agree or should I buy a dedicated delay pedal? I just don't want any added noise since it's JUST delay.
Kent
The Boss VF-1 is one of the best bargains in delays and FX ever.
Babaluma
if you want to keep it analogue, the maxon ad9 pro does a good job, very low noise considering it uses BBD chips, and works flawlessly with guitar or line level signals. sound is warm and nice. love mine. maybe more than you want to spend though.

http://www.maxonfx.com/Nine_AD9.php
insomniyack
Actually I'm looking for a digital delay...just want perfect and clear repeats with no coloring and very low noise.
hbc
stereo or mono?
insomniyack
Doesn't matter if it's mono or stereo...ping-pong would be nice though..
insomniyack
Ahh forget digital...analog bucket-brigade is probably going to give me a better sound for my music.

Online I found the MXR Carbon Copy delay for $127 so I think I am going to go for that! I know it's going to be dark but the more I think about it that would be better anyways!!
insomniyack
No wait....I found a better one:

http://www.analoguehaven.com/malekko/ekko616/
haiku-ish
TC M-one
Babaluma
insomniyack wrote:
Actually I'm looking for a digital delay...just want perfect and clear repeats with no coloring and very low noise.

insomniyack wrote:
Ahh forget digital...analog bucket-brigade is probably going to give me a better sound for my music.

i'm confused? seriously, i just don't get it
insomniyack
yeah I'm confused too...

I think I might need 2 of them. One for echoes that go on for miles and then one that has dark and analog delays!
insomniyack
I heard the TC 350 and TC 300 were supposed to have a lot of hiss to them...

The M-One is in a whole different class?
Babaluma
yeah dude, go with one of each wink i have three BBD delays and a lexicon pcm70, get the best of both worlds. still missing tape delay though, i sometimes regret selling my re-201!
Ranxerox
If you're still after digital you may as well get a second-hand Alesis Midiverb or Microverb 4. Don't remember if they give much more than 1000ms delay, but I seem to remember them being pretty crystal-clear.

On the other hand, you'd be lucky to get a BBD for $100 or less though hmmm..... If you did have a bit more to spend you could go for a Dynacord VRS-23, probably exactly what you're looking for if colouration is what you want...

[/img]
insomniyack
Ok I've got my analog delay side covered with the Malekko 616 analog bucket-brigade delay but I'm still looking for that clear digital delay under $200 with LOW NOISE...
hbc
If we're talking pedals, then the mini guyatone digital delay pedal is pretty good.
Kent
Again: The Boss VF-1. Just get it.
suitandtieguy
I've been collecting delays for years and I have to say the Boss DD20 JiggaDelay is pretty much the best all-round delay under 200 ever of all time.

i actually find myself playing with the idea of getting one of these for every keyboard in my rig.
TrashWaveform
Just throwing out the Lexicon MX200 as a recommendation. Worked wonders for me. I found one on CL for $75. Its one of those pieces of gear were people really love it or really hate it though.
insomniyack
Quote:
Again: The Boss VF-1. Just get it.

I can't find this at any stores because they all say it's discontinued and the only one on eBay is from a pawn shop so I'm pretty leary of that!

Anybody want to sell me a nice one?
MindMachine
I don't know who said that the TC M300 was noisy, but that is the quietest rack effect that I have. Most of my units are from the 80's or early 90's, but the M300 is quiet and a monster of possibilities for <200USD.
tuj
sony d7 if you can find one that cheap. Also symetrix 606
rafe127
Another vote for the Boss DD-20
I have lots of delays, both analog and digital and not only is the DD-20 my most used, I actually even kind of like the analogue emulation it does.
mooghappy
Roland SDE rack delays from the 80's are great. Warm sound for a digital delay, and can usually find them for $100.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2