MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

simulating a korg ESP?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author simulating a korg ESP?
chinard
Ok, one of the tracks that we play live is something that was originally recorded using the classic aphex twin drum machine through ms20 ESP, and of course i would like to build this patch on my current euro rig for live use.

Until now i had been simulating this with a patch i wrote on my nord g2 to get the same sounds and rhythm but there was no way i could get close to the krunky sound of those ms20 filters.

Now that i know about the SY02 i know that the filters are pretty close to the real thing so the only thing i am wondering is how to simulate what the korg External Signal Processor (ESP) could do.

The task of envelope follower is easy. I have two Maths modules which can handle that task.
Its the frequency to voltage i havent been able to find a satisfactory solution for.

I know some people have mentioned the PLL, but thats not really frequency to voltage.. thats more like frequency to kinda wonky square wave.. which is still cool, but not what i am after here.

So far all i have been able to find is the RS-35 and RS-30 from analogue systems. Dont know much about either tho.
mateo
As far as I know, the analogue systems modules are the only options in euroland; note that to properly emulate the ESP you'll also need a second set of LP and HP filters to fine tune the signal going into the F to V converter...
chinard
good point about the hp/lp filters
I dont really know what the details of these filters (6 dbB?) are but i guess i could use a couple of my qmmg channels to accomplish this.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1