MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Are you using Modular for live performance?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Author Are you using Modular for live performance?
BSaran
What are you using? How are you using it?
DonaldCrunk
i think this sub forum exists to answer those questions!
cebec
2 or 3 panel STS Serge Modular with Wiard Joystick controller, Soundcraft mixer. Rest of the panels stay at home.

In my last two performances and for my upcoming performance, I pre-patch the Serge with audio signals feeding several audio mixers and cross-faders which in turn feed 2 or 4 main outputs going to the Soundcraft. I mute/unmute and raise/lower various signals throughout the performance and make changes to the various parameters usually within a certain range that I'm familiar with from practice.
John Noble
I do. My ~9U Eurorack modular is pretty much all I use, though I brought a guitar to the last gig--it was plugged straight into the modular, so it was more or less an extra sound source/controller. smile

This is the setup used in the video below, except I swapped in a Doepfer A-119 for one of the A-143-9 quadrature oscillators. That's what the guitar was plugged into.

DonaldCrunk
John Noble wrote:
I do. My ~9U Eurorack modular is pretty much all I use, though I brought a guitar to the last gig--it was plugged straight into the modular, so it was more or less an extra sound source/controller. smile

don't mean to drag off topic, but whatever happened with that Facebook post that TC Electronic made with your modular in it? did they ever contact you about anything, or did they just like your picture or what?? i remember thinking that was really bizarre
John Noble
DonaldCrunk wrote:
John Noble wrote:

don't mean to drag off topic, but whatever happened with that Facebook post that TC Electronic made with your modular in it? did they ever contact you about anything, or did they just like your picture or what?? i remember thinking that was really bizarre

I dropped them a line as soon as I recovered from the surprise, and it seems a junior PR guy saw the pic and liked the pedals-in-the-spaghetti effect. Grabbing it without permission or attribution and passing it off as their own is just in the fine tradition of the Internet, where information wants to be Freeâ„¢.

He claimed to not have any specific information about future projects. I ended up hacking the pedals, as you can see. I thought about passing this along to TC, but I don't think they're interested.
ZYKLIFF
hacking the pedals?
John Noble
ZYKLIFF wrote:
hacking the pedals?

The large unlabeled module in the bottom left is made from the guts of three TC Toneprint series pedals (Hall of Fame reverb, Flashback delay, and Transition delay) and some level shifting circuits + 9V regulators.
Octopussy
Um, a Serge in a suitcase. Every time I play out, some solder falls off and I hear this clinking sound every time I move it. Then I bring it home and after a while... everything is working again. Is my setup haunted?
Kent
I'm rocking these two rigs with a DJ mixer that is equipped with Firewire and a pair of Moog Filter clones in it. A Laptop, a Moog MP-201, an Emu Launch•Pad, a MOTU MTPAV and a Moog Cluster Flux. Rockin'. Oh, and my Omnichord.

barto
i regularly do visuals/projections with my LZX and more recently getting more audio modules for some noise performances.

John Noble
Kent. eek!

I take it you drive a van?

Though maybe I'm not one to talk. Here's my car loaded up with modular, projection, PA, etc. for a gig last Saturday:

rdomain
Some nice rigs here. I've performed many experimental shows but never with my modular. I've been asked recently to perform on modular this September so my first modular gig is coming up!

Still sourcing my case but in the end it'll be a 15U 104hp rig. Modules aren't finalised yet. Will post info and pics closer to the date. thumbs up
ikkini
Here is a video of my last show using only my 12U eurorack modular and a Mopho X4 :

rdomain
Great tones man. Really dug the dark pulses at the start. What did you use for the visual element?
ratskull
@ikkini

Great sound and visuals! Looks like a great time. SlayerBadger!
ikkini
Thanks guys !!!

Concerning video it´s a reproduction of the Rutt-Etra video synth in Jitter modified for live purpose
ikkini
And two more videos :

rdomain
Cool man. So did you dedicate the Mopho to bassline duties or did you mix it up a bit? Beats are from the modular then I'm guessing? Do you have the audio of the full performance? I'd really like to hear the transitions too. thumbs up
ikkini
Glad you like it ! Mr. Green

Drums are made with Tiptop Audio modules, sequenced with Trigger Riot and also some are made with Zorlon Cannon, DPO/Optomix and Pamela's Workout.

The Mopho is used for some pads and leads, but I mainly use the modular.

Here is the full recording :
https://amnesie.bandcamp.com/album/live-set-30-blockhaus-dy10-nantes
rdomain
Thanks! Listening now. Really like that intro. I'm more of a dark ambient/experimental type than dance techno but I don't mind if the techno is dark which this definitely has elements of smile So you were running a sampling module as well?
ikkini
Yes ! It is quite dark ! A friend of mine called it harsh dance !

I used a Phonogene for the voice sample, here is the full patch :

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Page 1 of 1