MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

In Buchla we trust
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author In Buchla we trust
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Dead Banana Hi Dead Banana

I have just one new question about the 206e/207e.

If I have the 227e, do I need the 206e or 207e ?
Because, in a first time, I think that I will not need a Midi preset-saving module, like the synthesizers not MIDIfied.

ambulance ambulance ambulance ambulance ambulance ambulance ambulance ambulance ambulance

(Please don't forget that I'am a newbee of the newbee) we're not worthy

Thank's a lot

Stephane
dougcl
Hi If you want the patch saving feature (the so called preset manager), you need either the 206e (mixer) or the 225e (midi).

The 227e has nothing to do with patch saving. I would say if you have it, you probably don't want either the 207e or the 206e, because both of those are mixers. So once you commit to the 227e, you really are committing to the 225e midi if you want to save patches via the preset manager.

On the other hand, if you don't want the 227e, and you don't want midi, you can get the 206e instead, then you don't have to get the 225e for the preset manager. This gives you a preset manager and a mixer.

Third option is you don't want the 227e, and you want midi, you can get the 225e and the 207e. Then you'll have the preset manager, midi, and a mixer.
Lyonel
Salut Stéphane !
Future French B&A owner ?
cbm
Doug's advice is good, with one addition. A preset manager is really only good for controlling one cabinet, so in larger multi-cabinet systems there needs to be one preset manager per case.
cbm
Also, the MIDI interface is quite capable. I find it really useful.
ndkent
cbm wrote:
Doug's advice is good, with one addition. A preset manager is really only good for controlling one cabinet, so in larger multi-cabinet systems there needs to be one preset manager per case.

What a dream, a larger multi-cabinet system

That's true to a degree, like there are only 4 voice channels on the bus, though the interface gives you an other 4 voice channels via bananas. I've definitely been told that the card memory can only deal with storing a certain number of the same module depending on numbers defined by Buchla. Maybe I'm wrong but I asked and understood the modules still had their own remembered stored patches they just wouldn't write to the cards. It's probably worth asking on the proper Buchla list exactly at what point the preset manager has problems, I think I will...

But there are assumptions drawn from the above which aren't really true. You can span multiple boats, you do it in every cabinet already and I would think given the 24 boat that at minimum two 12 cabinets could coexist fine with one manager, given knowing you could only address 4 voices directly with the bus.
cbm
The problem with the preset manager spanning cabinets is tricky. The issue is capacitance on the i2c buss that connects the modules; it adds up until things don't work reliably any more. I'd be very interested to hear the experiences of anyone who is running a multi-cabinet system with one preset manager.

Each module does hold its own presets, but the memory layout on a memory card is fixed. Yasi detailed what the limits are on the 200e list:
    one 206e
    one 210e
    one 222e
    one 225e
    one 227e
    four 249e's
    four 250e's
    two 256e's
    four 259e's
    two 260e's
    four 261e's
    two 266e's
    four 281e's
    two 285e's
    four 291e's
    and
    four 292e's
divisionbyzero
i just wanted to update cbm's list with what the 225p code will currently support on a preset card:

one 207e
one 225p (either in the 225e or 206e)
two 291e's
two 249e's

everything else is the same.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
dougcl wrote:
Hi If you want the patch saving feature (the so called preset manager), you need either the 206e (mixer) or the 225e (midi).

The 227e has nothing to do with patch saving. I would say if you have it, you probably don't want either the 207e or the 206e, because both of those are mixers. So once you commit to the 227e, you really are committing to the 225e midi if you want to save patches via the preset manager.

On the other hand, if you don't want the 227e, and you don't want midi, you can get the 206e instead, then you don't have to get the 225e for the preset manager. This gives you a preset manager and a mixer.

Third option is you don't want the 227e, and you want midi, you can get the 225e and the 207e. Then you'll have the preset manager, midi, and a mixer.

dougcl thank you very much for your clarifications we're not worthy
And Chris too thumbs up
Salut Lyonel hihi
nanners for ndkent and divisionbyzero (I think that I won't have two cabinets .................................................for the moment hihi )

Stephane
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1