MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Fractal Audio Axe Fx Ultra... ITS HERE
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Fractal Audio Axe Fx Ultra... ITS HERE
transferpoint
Looking at that Fractal Audio Axe-fx ultra for direct recording, has anyone had any experience with this device? Any impressions?

Thanks

edit:

We now own a Fractal Audio... the presets are only ok but upon further tweaking you can really coax some good sound out of this baby.

Hi Def audio samples soon....................................
plord
I have no direct experience but you can't avoid the discussion over on the Gear Page. There are dozens of threads and many audio/video sound clips. A few well respected gigging guys have ditched their amp collections and made the switch.

Search results for axefx here: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/search.php?searchid=17376542&pp=50
transferpoint
right, I heard that devin townsend recorded his last album using just the fractal aduio... thanks for the link!
johnnymad
i've heard one in person, and it sounds pretty ridiculous. i think the waiting list is also ridiculous.
transferpoint
waiting list aye?
drewtoothpaste
Link to product/company page?
johnnymad
transferpoint wrote:
waiting list aye?

my friend got his over a year ago. the wait time might not be as bad now. i think he waited at least 6 months for his, maybe more.
MicroFi
drewtoothpaste wrote:
Link to product/company page?

Here you go!
transferpoint
I just emailed Fractal Audio to find out what the current wait time is for one, I'll post my findings.
dkcg
This guy's got some demos on youtube. Crap, it makes the Line6 Pod seem like a Line6 Pod. I'm pretty impressed overall, and if I were a studio guitarist needing a couple dozen amps, this would probably replace a ton of equipment. Or not.
Makes the pod sound like a toy.
transferpoint
My roommate is ordering his pretty soon here so I'll post my thoughts on it soon, thanks for the video.
johnnymad
it sounds really great in person. i heard one on a really crappy sound system and it still sounded amazing!
Kent
Based solely upon the posted demo video: it sounds great if you are into '80s rock/metal. Is there anything else out there? Some clean tones or more crunchy Silvertone sounds?
transferpoint
Heres one I liked kent...

As soon as we get it I'll post a 24-bit demo of it online.
transferpoint
ordering on Monday hyper
Kent
transferpoint wrote:
Heres one I liked kent...

As soon as we get it I'll post a 24-bit demo of it online.

That was nice. It reminded me of the Eventide Crystal Echoes patch.
toothless_wonder
Must admit sounds pretty impressive on re-creating those 'guitar hero' sounds

The demos were a little too 80's rock for me , I tend to lean towards cleaner jazzize sounds . No doubt this imressive box has it all though .

Will check it !!
transferpoint
I plan to make a video with HQ sound when we get it so stay tuned...
transferpoint
edit top post
m0rb1d
heres the moog voyager running through the fractal just using it an as effects processor

http://soundcloud.com/kgrossen/sets/moog-voyager-fractal-audio-axe-fx- ultra
slovo
Hey TP, I'm looking forward to that demo..! I'm a big fan of ZILTOID, so, can't wait to hear what you can do with her!
m0rb1d
m0rb1d wrote:
heres the moog voyager running through the fractal just using it an as effects processor

http://soundcloud.com/kgrossen/sets/moog-voyager-fractal-audio-axe-fx- ultra

forgot to mention this transerpoint amature is(well as of this month was) my roommate Mr. Green
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1