MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Clones, Don and BEMI...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Clones, Don and BEMI...
analogue_mike
I have always wanted to ask, but never see it talked about. ( we'll I did see it once in regard to bus board clones listed on the yahoo list and the consensus was that Don was not happy...)

Does anyone know what Don thinks about people cloning his designs in Buchla format?

What do the people at BEMI think about this?

I have noticed a bunch of exact clones listed on eBay recently and wanted to ask.

I am not interested in legal arguments....I just want a Does Don give a shit? Yes or know?

If no, how to the builders for clones and the users who buy them feel about taking money from Dons work that should belong to him?
Guidotoons
You have "always wanted to ask" this?

The whole MONTH you've been on Muff's?

Must have been a horrific ordeal for you holding back this long.

Here's hoping you get your answer.

Guinness ftw!
ignatius
is someone cloning "new" designs or just the old stuff that's not in production any longer?
Guidotoons
ignatius wrote:
is someone cloning "new" designs or just the old stuff that's not in production any longer?

I don't know of anyone who would want to clone the "E" series stuff.

seriously, i just don't get it
Nelson Baboon
Guidotoons wrote:
You have "always wanted to ask" this?

The whole MONTH you've been on Muff's?

Must have been a horrific ordeal for you holding back this long.

Here's hoping you get your answer.

Guinness ftw!

Well, to be fair to the op, I suspect that maybe he had heard of modular synths and buchla before he joined the forum.
Guidotoons
Nelson Baboon wrote:

Well, to be fair to the op, I suspect that maybe he had heard of modular synths and buchla before he joined the forum.

hihi
papz
Heard of Buck who ?
Guidotoons
papz wrote:
Heard of Buck who ?

applause
chrisso
ignatius wrote:

208r
ignatius
chrisso wrote:
ignatius wrote:

208r

that's the voice in the music easel right? has it been cloned for a long time? prior it the reissue?
Guidotoons
Ya know, the more I think about this.....

..... the OP is on a fishing expedition and this whole post reeks of bullshit.

Dude has 11 posts and he comes here and OUT OF NOWHERE stirs THIS TOPIC up again?!?!?!

I call bullshit. This is someone we know.
chrisso
ignatius wrote:

that's the voice in the music easel right? has it been cloned for a long time? prior it the reissue?

From my perspective they were both announced around the same time. Difference being Roman got his built and shipped, whereas the BEMI version has been slower off the block.
On the debate, I don't understand why people get heated/angry either way.
People are free to DIY clones and use them, sell them. I only dislike the odd clone that's been indistinguishable, down to the fake 'Buchla and Associates' mark on the bottom.
DomMorley
Guidotoons wrote:
...OUT OF NOWHERE stirs THIS TOPIC up again?!?!?!

To be fair to the guy, if he's come from out of nowhere, it's not 'again' for him - this is the first time (esp. if he hasn't got stuck into the search function yet).

To analogue_mike - head to the Advanced search and have a look around. This has definitely been discussed before, and I'm not sure anything new has happened since to merit new discussion.

And welcome to Muffs!
Gringo Starr
Guidotoons wrote:

Dude has 11 posts and he comes here and OUT OF NOWHERE stirs THIS TOPIC up again?!?!?!

What's with the douchiness? Seriously why are you spewing such negativity?
fluxmonkey
analogue_mike wrote:
Does anyone know what Don thinks about people cloning his designs in Buchla format?

If you really want to know what Don thinks, you would have to ask Don. I don't believe he is a member of Muffs, so your posting here is futile.
chrisso
fluxmonkey wrote:
I don't believe he is a member of Muffs, so your posting here is futile.

People who do post here talk to Don, have talked to Don.
I really don't care either way, but the anxiousness to shoot the OP down is somewhat ridiculous, borderline disturbing.
I dunno, maybe the calmer reply is along the lines of "we don't know" or "it's been discussed at length before, try the search function"?
Guidotoons
Dude tried to outbid me AFTER I had paid for a keyboard listed here in the FS section.

That, and he badmouths Phil Cirocco on another thread. Then posts THIS comment?

Seriously? Still think he's "new"? Bring it.

I have IM'd those who wish to defend this asshole casserole.

Anyone ELSE want to discuss this? Bring it.
ZenMusic
It's possible that any Buchla compatibles just expand the market and ultimately help BEMI ...

I believe in a discussion long ago with a designer.. that initially Don had been open to a discussion about sharing some common info. to support clones and extensions but later cooled to the idea and decided not to support such.. (by sharing the bus details etc.) I could be wrong, but that's my recollection

I've had many positive remarks about some non-Buchla modules from Buchla people ... and would buy a module if I wanted it for my system.
GrantB
chrisso wrote:
the anxiousness to shoot the OP down is somewhat ridiculous...

I disagree. This thread is never not a troll.
Guidotoons
GrantB wrote:

I disagree. This thread is never not a troll.

Agreed.
ZenMusic
if it crosses the line.. then the mods should edit it .. or close the thread
Nelson Baboon
Gringo Starr wrote:
Guidotoons wrote:

This is somewhat of a technical question, but can one 'spew' positivity? I mean, give the guy a break - as long as he's spewing, it's gotta be negative.
Nelson Baboon
Guidotoons wrote:
Dude tried to outbid me AFTER I had paid for a keyboard listed here in the FS section.

That, and he badmouths Phil Cirocco on another thread. Then posts THIS comment?

Seriously? Still think he's "new"? Bring it.

I have IM'd those who wish to defend this asshole casserole.

Anyone ELSE want to discuss this? Bring it.

I don't understand what your connection is from 'is an asshole' to 'is not new'. Certainly there are plenty of assholes here who are new. Logically, I mean.
Gringo Starr
Nelson Baboon wrote:
Gringo Starr wrote:
Guidotoons wrote:

This is somewhat of a technical question, but can one 'spew' positivity? I mean, give the guy a break - as long as he's spewing, it's gotta be negative.

Quite technical indeed.

Spew- expel large quantities of (something) rapidly and forcibly.
"buses were spewing out black clouds of exhaust"
synonyms: emit, discharge, eject, expel, belch out, pour out, spout, gush, spurt, disgorge More

So technically you could "expel or emit large quantities of positivity". And if you don't believe me you can ask my wife. :-)
Nelson Baboon
Well, dictionaries report on usage, and cannot capture all subtleties.

I would claim that spewed positivity, at the very least, incurs equal and greater spew in the other direction. At least in a just universe.

Gringo Starr wrote:
Nelson Baboon wrote:
Gringo Starr wrote:
Guidotoons wrote:

Quite technical indeed.

Spew- expel large quantities of (something) rapidly and forcibly.
"buses were spewing out black clouds of exhaust"
synonyms: emit, discharge, eject, expel, belch out, pour out, spout, gush, spurt, disgorge More

So technically you could "expel or emit large quantities of positivity". And if you don't believe me you can ask my wife. :-)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4