MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

after a vacation in NOISELAND
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author after a vacation in NOISELAND
SPUDBOY WILSON
Having been on vacation in noiseland since july, I have returned to
my studio with a very different perspective.

having survived the orgious season of consumtion and debt.....
fearlessly I took the plunge

I connected the mono out of a King Capital Punishment utopia"synth" to a sherman filterbox 2 used both output main and out 1 splititng the signal each with it's own filter settings and plugging
out 1 into a mooger fooger ring modular and a line 6 modulation pedal
each signal went to separate mixer ins and recorded the 7 minute random knob tweak in stereo. the sounds were /are gorgeous.
harmonically rich sounds that far surpassed anything the Utopia synth ever sounded like before, pleasantly surprised without a doubt.

the more I use analog gear in my signal chain the more I like the sound that comes out the end! jawdrop I know.....now every d'oh! body knows
zerosum
Quote:

I connected the mono out of a King Capital Punishment utopia"synth" to a sherman filterbox 2 used both output main and out 1 splititng the signal each with it's own filter settings and plugging
out 1 into a mooger fooger ring modular and a line 6 modulation pedal
each signal went to separate mixer ins and recorded the 7 minute random knob tweak in stereo. the sounds were /are gorgeous.

Do you have any recordings of this patch/chain to share?
smetak
Yep, I second that - love to hear this!
SPUDBOY WILSON
no mp3's at this time because not this shit again

here's the deal iMac running Mac OS X 10.3.9 (7W98)
this thing is really old and slow

I have taken one of my cd's and burned a song into Itunes,
that what do I do next?

If you laugh,'ll cry al over the place cry I'm lookin' to buy a puter that i can at least upgrade the operating system on or the latest version of flash
this was 50.00 bucks from a berkeley granny who dumped it so that she could do the same, get a new puter. ambulance

I'm recording on a Roland Boss Br 1200 burning a cd is no problem.
getting some worth burning is the tuff part.

I am not a noisition or a purist of any sort
"just a guy that likes to plug stuff into stuff and hear what comes out the end.
SPUDBOY WILSON
I AM TRYING TO ...

get a band on Soundclick, "Desmond Dyslexica and the Dents"

I have figured out howto convert mp4's into mp3's it was easy actually.
I posted a song and am currently awaiting to be approved the song was something to post nothing with artistic merit or worthy of remembrance.

"HERE COMES THE GOOD PART"
MindMachine
That all sounds pretty complicated to me... can you send a cassette?

Where/what is NOISELAND? Were you producing noise genre and you now require midi melody or something prettier?

Wish I could help you Spudboy Wilson!!! Boat (not sure what boat emoticon means... hoping it's clear sailing)
SPUDBOY WILSON
Hi,

spudeboy here as in pulling a WILSON*

*WILSON was a historical character he was one of the early cyber-cowboys
that got fried by Black Ice while hacking a corporate main frame,
TO PULL A WILSON/ or pulling a Wilson: is to get fried, to Fuck up Big time. Possibly getting killed by a very aggressive overload to the nervous system.
see Count Zero by William Gibson

Where/what is NOISELAND?
Noiseland is the world of all kind of genres Harsh Noise is one of them.
Noisicans speak proudly to the fact that they don't make music ( with more than a little resolve.)

So I am working on learning what this growing collection of noise gear can do with me pulling a Wilson, so that I can Meld forge squeeze it into my prime motivator, post blues slide guitar.

starting out I heard early devo, velvets, pere ubu, lou reeds metal machine music, rock with feed back, really distorted guitars et al.

I pursued my interest and ended up hanging out in Noiseland* for a while.
*a collection of sites and personages on the internet. the section of cyberspace dedicated to cultivating the vast cyber-fields of noise data,
the "Noise Community". i.e. NOISELAND.

Cassette???? mini disc, CD, mp3 I don't have the gear to create a cassette.
While in noise land I invested in some really great gear to create a stomp box "synth" to put it loosely.
I finally know about the qualitative difference between digital and analog.
As with most addictions the jones are not cheap.

what am i trying to do.... good question, try here

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=339903&content=musi c

recommended listening

slide drum test 101
pork chop vegan
clean sheets
chance mantra

trying to get this right then introducing the noise element

secret desire: to be Meg Whites favorite black silk bra...
MindMachine
Thank you for the data - I am visiting the tune site now... I hear Resident style Zappa vibes.... thanks.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1