MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Can Portamento be unconditional?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Author Can Portamento be unconditional?
sine
It seems portamento only works with legato playing. Is this the way it's supposed to work? If yes, I'd like to have the option to make portamento unconditional.
sine
My mistake. oops I don't know what I was doing before, but portamento works exactly as it should. Sorry.
sine
Ok, me again, disputing what I said above and questioning my sanity.

I can't get portamento to be unconditionally always on. Instead, portamento is the "fingered" variety. The only way I can get unconditional portamento is by not loading the Volta "V1 ENV" module--which is not very useful. Or to say it another way, if I load only "V1 P" then portamento works as expected and is unconditionally on (when the portamento button is lit, of course). As an aside, clicking Legato then makes the portamento "fingered." But as soon as I add "V1 ENV" portamento is always fingered.

I sure feel dumb about this, because no else seems to be having this problem, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
MrBiggs
sine wrote:
I sure feel dumb about this, because no else seems to be having this problem, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Well, it may not be that no one is having the same problem nor that you're doing something "wrong." More likely it's just a weird behavior of Volta (it's got its quirks) and either others are ok with it or, like me, they just don't use Volta for such things enough to notice. I personally don't use portamento much and the little I have, I've not noticed anything bugging me. It may have behaved exactly as you describe. I use Volta with sequencers and if I remember correctly, I recall the Legato button having little noticeable effect and this may be why. It was already doing it.

seriously, i just don't get it
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Page 1 of 1