MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Thonk VCA
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Thonk VCA
davel
Hi All,
Am trying to find a source of 1KTC SMT for the board I got from Thonk.
Does any one know who sells them. I did wonder if two 2ks in parallel would do but the ones I have are wire ended and about 1/2 watt.

Davel
pre55ure
Hi, welcome to Muffs!

It would be helpful if you could describe the board and component a little better, or barring that maybe post a pic.

I'm guessing this is a 1k smt resistor that you are looking for?

Two 2k's in parallel should work, wattage won't matter as long as it's high enough (1/4 is pretty standard modular synth level) and you can get them to fit.

anyway heres the mouser number for something that might work (if you are looking for a 1k smt resistor)

mouser part # 71-CRCW12061K00FKEB
davel
Well thanks for that, but 1KTC SMT was all that was on the BOM, that was posted on muffwiggler, the screen print measures about 2mm x 4mm.
I will investigate Mouser, as I couldn't find any at RS or Farnell.

Thanks once again.

DaveL[/b]
negativspace
He's probably talking about my VCA:

The tempco part at Mouser is HERE.

You can substitute a regular 0805 1k resistor if you don't want to bother/can't find them in the UK/etc.
davel
I did wonder if the TC of the 1KTC SMT was a Tempco and not just an SMD 1206 resistor, as the board screen print is "tcr" but why use a SMD when the rest of the board is through hole. May be Manhattan has a big box of 1k, 1206 SMD Tempco resistors to get rid of.
The Board is the Manhattan Analog VCA v1.2 that I got from Thonk, but to look on muffwiggler to get any info on it, rather odd, I thought.

Regards Davel
davel
Yes that's the VCA Board in question, thanks for the that Mr Negativspace.
Does KS = Kansas.

Regards Davel
negativspace
You're quite welcome! And yes, it does.

Through-hole tempcos are much harder to get than the SMT variety and far more expensive. This is going to be a production module for me so parts cost was always a consideration in the design process.

Board space was also at a premium with this one...
davel
Hi there Mr Negativspace.

In the BOM for the VCA, the two transistor pairs are listed as matched.

Are they matched for hfe or vbe or both.

Regards Davel
davel
Sorry I meant the Manhattan CP-3 Mixer matched pairs not the VCA.

I must pay attention when thinking.

Davel
davel
negativspace

Hi there Mr Negativspace.

In the BOM for the CP-3 Mixer, the two transistor pairs are listed as matched.

Please, are they matched for hfe or vbe or both.

Regards Davel
elavrna
negativspace
elavrna
Hello - can someone please tell me if the v1.4 PCBs need the trace cuts and modifications required for the v1.2 boards?
Having trouble getting sound output though it is calibrated accurately and has no obvious issues. Any help appreciated.

SORRY - I see that this was answered earlier.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1