CP3-style, four channel or more alternatives to ADDAC703

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

Stinktier86
Ultra Wiggler

CP3-style, four channel or more alternatives to ADDAC703

Post by Stinktier86 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:02 am

I'm leaning towards a buy of the ADDAC703 (Reference here) but could probably do without the feedback/gate functionality and the very precise on-panel trimming.

There are quite a few CP3-ish mixers out there (manhattan analog, suit and tie guy to name two which comes to mind), but i need at least four channels.

what other options are there? The usual lower price/smaller real estate/more functionality in one module arguments apply.

flo
Space Jack

Post by flo » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:29 am

I think STG was considering doing a version with more channels once... Don't think there's any others...

rove74
Wiggling with Experience

Post by rove74 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:43 am

I seem to remember that the MA cp3 can have more inputs added to it relatively easily, unfortunately the info is buried somewhere in the 50+ page diy thread...

ablearcher
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ablearcher » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:48 am

Yeah, as I remember the channel limitations of the MA CP3 is really a panel/aesthetics/space choice. I think the original had 4, and I think all it takes to add more is a jack/pot/resistor combo. Don't know how many more you can add though, would be interesting to find out.

I see submix 7's floating around sometimes and am tempted. I have a pretty small system but it seems like I constantly need more mixing capability. I have the CP3 right now, am just about to build an MA Mix, and I'm contemplating the MVP for CV mixing/multing/attenuating.

negativspace
Manhattan Analog

Post by negativspace » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:56 am

The CP3 board I did has an expansion port. You can sum as many extra channels as you want into the bus, you'll need a jack + input pot + flying input resistor for each one. I just did one with 4 channels as part of this panel, worked perfectly:

From there the only limitation is how much panel space you want to devote to the job, and how much finger room you need.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”