MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Moog Music CP-251 Control Processor?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Moog Music CP-251 Control Processor?
SPUDBOY WILSON
HAS ANYONE USED THIS UNIT FROM MOOG?

what the world needs now is more patch points.
sandyb
there's no need to SHOUT! we can hear you fine smile

haven't used one myself but there's a bit about it in this recent thread that may be of use:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11041

sandy
DontBelievetheHype
The CP-251 is great if you have pedals with cv inputs-- EHX pedals with exp inputs and many other exp inputs are also scaled well for use with it. On a basic level, it gives you a few lfo's and lag processors to sculpt them with. A multiplier that you plug one expression pedal into, and split into 4 outs to send to different pedals; a mixer that you can use as a blender.. etc. If you have a Moog Lowpass filter and are using it with a instrument, you may find that you have to boost the input/output gain past unity gain to get the envelope response you desire, but with a CP-251, you can set the gain to taste and send the 'Env out' to the CP to boost the signal and send it back to the Lowpass filters 'Freq' input.... and/or invert it for downward envelope sweeps... etc. Lots of fun stuff to do with it.

I picked up an MP-201 first, as it gives you a range of LFO's, tap tempo and MIDI sync, HADSR envelopes, MIDI/CV converter etc. Great tool for the studio, and amazing tool for a live guitar/bass player(or whatever), whether playing synced to a MIDI clock or tap tempoing to a drummer.
SPUDBOY WILSON
sorry about shouting.....

thanks for the tip about combining both pedals,

how does o install the firm ware updates, please.
MindMachine
Spudboy Wilson... this unit can work for a pedal user/noise guy/ modular enthusiast. I have # 021 and have been singing the praises for a number of years. A full featured audio/cv mixer w/ offset... a slew generator (as a lag or AD generator), a VC LFO w/ two waveforms, two attenuators, a multiple, a noise source, and a sample and hold with stepped and smooth outs. All of these functions have ins and outs and some VC.

It is the best bang for the euro box... ever.
SPUDBOY WILSON
MindMachine wrote:
Spudboy Wilson... this unit can work for a pedal user/noise guy/ modular enthusiast. I have # 021 and have been singing the praises for a number of years. A full featured audio/cv mixer w/ offset... a slew generator (as a lag or AD generator), a VC LFO w/ two waveforms, two attenuators, a multiple, a noise source, and a sample and hold with stepped and smooth outs. All of these functions have ins and outs and some VC.

It is the best bang for the euro box... ever.

thank you for you "review and tips"
I'm working thru the manual for the sherman filter, yes please don't tell on me I'm reading the manual and following the lessons... seriously, i just don't get it
some other boxes I have have some inputs for lfo's and envelope generators.
onrust nv
If U got moogerfooger pedals the CP-251 will send you to sounds heaven.
I'm thinking about buying another CP-251 if I buy more MF pedals we're not worthy
It also works on vermona stuff.
bsmith
I've been using the hell out of mine, it glues together my mf pedals, assblaster and modular stuff, and until I got a .bam a few days ago was all I had to flip a signal since it goes negative on its mixer and 2 attenuators. Very fun to have with the kv-100. And it's become a good place to stick those 1/8 > 1/4 adapters I seem to be cornering the market on.
Just me
I use 2 CP-251's. Between the MF's and the modular, they are really handy. And they consist of the equivalent of 8 modules. 1 VCLFO, 2 inverting attenuators, 1 Mult, 1 Noise source, 1 S/H, 1 Mixer with offset and gain. and 1 Lag processor that can be set to seperate rates for rising or falling edge.
onrust nv
I realy like the mixer with offset and gain on this machine. Does anybody know if there's a eurorack module that does the same?
bendedavis
I've got CP251's racked in my modular setup.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1