MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New ALM - 'S.B.G' - Effects Pedal Utility module
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author New ALM - 'S.B.G' - Effects Pedal Utility module
ALM
ALM are pleased to announce the 'S.B.G'.

The ‘S.B.G’ is a compact utility module intended for the interfacing of guitar effect pedals with your eurorack modular system.

It provides both attenuation and amplification of audio signals for level matching together with a crossfade control to conveniently adjust the wet/dry mix of a processed signal. The module also offers regulation of outgoing CV signals for safer use of pedal expression inputs.

Features

- Attenuation of outgoing modular audio signal sent to external effects.
- Amplification of returned audio signal to high modular signals.
- Clipping indication on over amplification of returned signal.
- Manual cross fade between original ‘dry’ source signal and returned ‘wet’ signal.
- Regulation/conditioning of CV modulation signals intended for pedal expression inputs.
- Includes ‘floating ring’ cable for safe expression input connectivity.
- Skiff friendly.
- Designed and Made in the UK.

Technical Specifications

Supply: +/-12V (Reverse voltage protection)
Current Draw: ~30ma
Size: 4 HP
Depth: 22 mm

Video

Availability

We hope to start shipping out to retailers late next week.

Final pricing yet to be decided (soon - will update).
Matos
Very clever! Looking forward to seeing a price.
pfaffenberg
YES. And 4hp, too. Nicely done.
Skaput
S.B.G, was'nt that the name of the Vyvs Hamster from The Young Ones ?
sealteam666
this is awesome! simple send and return -perfect! I have a harvestman stilton adaptor and you have to use those mixer insert Y cables with it so you then have to power a looper pedal to build a multi-fx chain off each insert.
StoneLaw
alm makes the coolest shit. All I got is Pam but i'm thinking about a beast's chalkboard pretty hard!
ben_hex
Very good, 4hp ... Let's hope for a cheap price :-)
robkramble
Brilliant idea! Can't wait to see demos of this in action. Once I can afford it I'll certainly be eyeing it.
koyl
Nice ! I plan to buy a in/out with my next batch of modules, I'll definitely keep an eye on this one.
(4HP = SlayerBadger! )
GGW
Great job; looking forward to it coming out.
Whatisvalis
Just started looking into using external fx so this is great at 4HP
Trenchrun
Shouldn't this have 1/4" jacks?
Kingnimrod
1/4" jacks would keep this from being 4hp. 1/8 to 1/4 cables are readily available.
ewox
This is perfect nanners
skyshaver
I own too many guitar pedals. This will be useful.
lag progress
Is it possible to hook up a spring tank with it?
would be awesome!
sixteen
Very happy to see this one..

ALM are on a roll..
S
tsunamisucks
nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time!

right in time. was searching for something similar, the only option i found suitable (Harvestman's) is way tooooo much hps
Hanz
Looking forward to this, 4hp is just right!
KONTAKT1968
looks great I want one .
taylor12k
this could be really useful in my setup... very very nice. the only thing that would be better is 2hp! or 1hp! 8_)

pricing yet?
Trenchrun
Kingnimrod wrote:
1/4" jacks would keep this from being 4hp. 1/8 to 1/4 cables are readily available.

tru dat. i was going to get a pittburgh inout or something to better integrate my effects but this looks like it might the ticket!
orangehexagon
the expression out is what really does it for me
Summa
tsunamisucks wrote:
nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time!

right in time. was searching for something similar, the only option i found suitable (Harvestman's) is way tooooo much hps

well there's the Doepfer A-138d fx insert but that's twice as big but does indeed carry the bigger jacks, but this ALM module could easily replace the one I got in my system as space is very limited these days...
Monobass
Skaput wrote:
S.B.G, was'nt that the name of the Vyvs Hamster from The Young Ones ?

that was S.P.G. named after the Special Patrol Group, notorious London police unit, nasty bunch that blugeoned an anti-nazi league protestor to death.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4