MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Modules bleeding
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Author Modules bleeding
johnnylonz
Hi,

I've got a FoH POWER module and also the FoH busboard. As I've added modules to my system, I'm starting to notice some bleeding across the modules. Example, I'm "hearing" the envelopes in my Maths coming through my oscillators, as well as the trigs from my MI grids. (I'm thinking what I may be "hearing" is in fact the LEDs coming on/off).

According to modular grid, I'm using about 405mA on the +12 rail and 216mA on the -12 rail. I'm powering the POWER module via a 1A power supply. From what I've read digging through the eurorack forums, it may be possible that I'm putting too much strain on the power supply, even though I would think 600mA out of 1000 wouldn't cause an issue.

What I'm wondering is, to test this I could feasibly get a 1.5A power supply to see if this resolved the issue by providing more power, but don't know if that would be too much juice for the FoH POWER module. Does anyone know if I could do this without damaging the module?
johnnylonz
Just dug some more and found this:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30042&highlight=powe r

So it looks like it would be alright. Hopefully it's just a simple issue of not having enough power. Unless anyone else has other suggestions?
HeWhoWantsJeans
johnnylonz wrote:

What I'm wondering is, to test this I could feasibly get a 1.5A power supply to see if this resolved the issue by providing more power, but don't know if that would be too much juice for the FoH POWER module. Does anyone know if I could do this without damaging the module?

The additional amperage will not damage your system - as your system is only truly pulling as much amperage from the transformer as it requires.

If flight is recommending the user of an adapter of 150% your expected usage, then a 1.5A adapter would be more than sufficient. If it were me, I'd shoot for a 2A adapter - unless you don't plan on expanding your system on the same power distribution.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Page 1 of 1