MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MMM going DIY
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Mattson Mini Modular Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author MMM going DIY
mmm
numbertalk wrote:
Ha! No problem. Worth the wait to save a little $ on some great modules. So will the sale price be the same? $69 for just the board?

Nope, sorry. $4 less smile

OK, 4X gate delay DIY board is now on sale until midnight PST Tuesday Feb 09, 2010.

The details:
GD-B= Gate delay Assembled/tested board only= $64.95
GDK= Above board with the wire kit and power cable of choice=$80.95
To get it into my head, suffix the GDK with a -6(6P-6P power cable), -4(4P-4P power cable) or a -E (4P-Euro power cable)

So, the full kit with a 4-pin to Euro-style power connector would be:
GDK-E

Once again. This is a MW only offer so, you'll have to PayPal me direct to my PayPal account:
mattsonminimodular(at)comcast.net (at)=@

US shipping add $4.95 for up to every four boards.
Everywhere else, add $13.50 for up to every four boards.

You guys are crazy hihi But thanks a lot!!
I just ordered the new boards for this so, 2-weeks and we'll have pretty new boards.

Oh, yeah...when you order, let me know what your MW username is so I can match up orders with usernames. Tnx.
mono-poly
Does the 4x 1x2 Buffer also buffers cv signals above 5 volt?
I love to use it with 10 volt cv range.
Fidgit
i guess nobody has any doubts here in this context, but i just wanted to point out that george is a really great guy to deal with. thumbs up
mmm
mono-poly wrote:
Does the 4x 1x2 Buffer also buffers cv signals above 5 volt?
I love to use it with 10 volt cv range.

Yes it does. It will recreate anything you feed into it up to a few mV shy of the power rails. It's also bandwidth limited to the capabilities of the op amps so, It sucks for anything RF related lol
numbertalk
Seconded! This is great - sending my payment for this extra module and a VCF later tonight or tomorrow!

Fidgit wrote:
i guess nobody has any doubts here in this context, but i just wanted to point out that george is a really great guy to deal with. thumbs up
numbertalk
Richard, any chance of us seeing the FPD file for the VC Mixer panel you designed? Just heard from Scott and it's going to be at least another 6 weeks before Bridechamber has them - might not be able to wait that long. I designed one but curious to see yours.

Thanks!

pugix wrote:
I have FPE panels on order for the VC Mixer, and my 4-pot version of the Buffered Multiple that I call the Mattson Distributor. I'll make the FPD files available on my website eventually, and upload them to the Modular Synth Panels Yahoo group.

I came up with a 1U wide 5U panel that uses the jack grid from the standard MOTM format. It's 8 x 2 positions that can take a 16mm alpha pot with 3/4-inch knob, a 1/4-inch jack, an LED, or a toggle switch in any position. I even put small tick marks around the pots. The main problem with these (as all) FPE panels is that they are in the $50.00 ballpark! I'm also building two CGS modules in this panel format. One is done and should be getting onto my website soon, maybe this weekend, with photos. Then it'll be easier to explain this panel design.
mmm
numbertalk wrote:
Seconded! This is great - sending my payment for this extra module and a VCF later tonight or tomorrow!

Fidgit wrote:

You guys are making me blush. eek!

If it wasn't for all of you, I wouldn't be doing this. The respect goes to all of you. we're not worthy Clap

Thank you.
mono-poly
Yeah George is awesome!
mmm
BTW

If anybody here has the ba--, er, wherewithall to attempt my VCO or MIDI-CV controller, email me and let me know.

The MIDI is really cool and has some unique features plus, a hidden menu for setting pitch bend up and down ranges independently, mod rate and depth, glide direction, gate number, one-way gate triggering, upper/lower/last note priority and glide-only when multiple keys are pressed. Panel controls let you choose glide rate, stepped (almost arpeggiated-valid MIDI notes only) or smooth glide, fixed time and normal octaves/sec glide and has a handy mod output that outputs 0-5V DC in response to the keyboard mod wheel rotation. The thought being that it can be used to control a channel (or channels) on the Voltage controlled mixer so you can control a CV or audio mix with the mod wheel. The other two outputs are CV and gate. The MIDI can be set to respond to any of the 16 MIDI channels or put in MIDI standby. Pressing both channel up and down buttons simultaneously for >2 seconds will latch the gate on for drone-type operations.

It's not a hard board to mount. It's 2X size of the standard boards and has a ribbon cable connecting the display. The ribbon cable is just long enough to wrab around and mount the display on the back side of the board. I could make some longer ones if desired.

It also has a connector for hooking up a switch to turn your DC power on or off from the front panel.

The VCO is a slightly oversized board but requires some point to point wiring on the panel components, a multi-turn trim needs to be mounted/epoxied to the panel for the V/Octave trim and is a PITA to calibrate.

I would consider them advanced DIY projects. Which is why I haven't offered them.

But, It's a good challenge for advanced people. After getting to know some of you, I'm sure the talent is out there.

Just a thought

George
pugix
numbertalk wrote:
Richard, any chance of us seeing the FPD file for the VC Mixer panel you designed? Just heard from Scott and it's going to be at least another 6 weeks before Bridechamber has them - might not be able to wait that long. I designed one but curious to see yours.

Thanks!

I just got that panel today from Front Panel Express and I haven't even opened the box yet! The style is just like this one:

http://pugix.com/synth/cgs-slope-detectors/

You can download the FPD file there.

For the VC mixer, there are 4 pots in the upper left with the 4 input jacks to the right. The 4 VC input jacks are on the lower left, and the OUT and INV OUT jacks on the lower right. There are two unused locations. The Buffered Multiple with Attenuators uses the same layout, with eight output jacks.

I'm actually waiting for some Bridechamber 3-jack brackets I'm going to cut down in length and try to mount the Mattson boards to. The boards are just a tad too wide, but I can jerry-rig it.
numbertalk
Ah, I saw you link to this earlier but was confused...should have read more closely, sorry about that. This is great, though - my design is 2U and I'm reaching a point where space is really starting to matter. Thanks for sharing!!

pugix wrote:
numbertalk wrote:

Thanks!

I just got that panel today from Front Panel Express and I haven't even opened the box yet! The style is just like this one:

http://pugix.com/synth/cgs-slope-detectors/

You can download the FPD file there.

For the VC mixer, there are 4 pots in the upper left with the 4 input jacks to the right. The 4 VC input jacks are on the lower left, and the OUT and INV OUT jacks on the lower right. There are two unused locations. The Buffered Multiple with Attenuators uses the same layout, with eight output jacks.

I'm actually waiting for some Bridechamber 3-jack brackets I'm going to cut down in length and try to mount the Mattson boards to. The boards are just a tad too wide, but I can jerry-rig it.
essex sound lab
Is anybody thinking of doing a FPE (or other) 5U panel for the Gate Delay?
numbertalk
essex sound lab wrote:

I'm working on one. Have a 2U wide design but might try to make it work within 1U. Not sure with all those LEDs, pots and jacks, though. I can post the 2U version this weekend if you'd like.
essex sound lab
numbertalk wrote:
essex sound lab wrote:

I'm working on one. Have a 2U wide design but might try to make it work within 1U. Not sure with all those LEDs, pots and jacks, though. I can post the 2U version this weekend if you'd like.

Outstanding!

I was mentally trying to lay one out, and couldn't come up with a practical way to make it fit into 1U, what with 5 pots and room for LEDs. But I have no real experience with designing panels so perhaps there's a trick I wasn't able to envision.

Would love to see what you've come up with.
ach_gott
essex sound lab wrote:

Would love to see what you've come up with.

I agree!
numbertalk
Ok, I'll upload what I've got tonight. It's the 2U version and possibly still a work in progress - just whipped it up the other night.
numbertalk
Ok, here goes. The 4 spots above the 4 output jacks are for the 4 corresponding LEDs. Check the size for the LED holder you plan to use - this is for the pre-built assembly that Paul Schreiber at MOTM uses. The spot next to the Input jack is for the "gate on" LED.
mmm
Here we are...down here smile

Ahhh, the new digs are warm and roomy applause
Luka
got my panel design finished for my 3x mmm filters on a 2U x 5U panel
ill try get it lazertran-ed and baked tomorrow
im baking my living vco panel at the moment

smile

mmm
That looks NICE Luka.

Are you going to use 7211's to switch the output modes?

I originally did that and realized that you can use the HP on one channel panned far..one way and the LP on another channel panned the other way and use the mod input as a VC panning function. It's still LP on one channel and HP on the other but a cool patch.

I'd like to see how you fit all 3 boards behind that smile
Luka
no im just going to use a 3 position toggle set up to pass 3 signals

i use diy stooge-esq panels to mount my pcbs, 2 on one side and 1 on the other
ach_gott
numbertalk wrote:
Ok, here goes. The 4 spots above the 4 output jacks are for the 4 corresponding LEDs. Check the size for the LED holder you plan to use - this is for the pre-built assembly that Paul Schreiber at MOTM uses. The spot next to the Input jack is for the "gate on" LED.

I like it, thanks!
numbertalk
You're welcome. Really wish I could squeeze it into 1U but don't think I can. Curious to see if anyone else is up for that challenge 8_)

ach_gott wrote:
numbertalk wrote:

I like it, thanks!
essex sound lab
ach_gott wrote:
numbertalk wrote:

I like it, thanks!

Haven't had a chance to power up my PC to look (I'm generally on a Mac)...will hopefully do so today.
pugix
numbertalk wrote:
essex sound lab wrote:

There are 15 components on the Gate Delay: 5 jacks, 5 pots, 5 LEDs. Those can all fit with one spot to spare in the 1U panel format I've been talking about.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Mattson Mini Modular Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 5 of 6