MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MMM going DIY
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Mattson Mini Modular Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author MMM going DIY
pugix
Thanks, George. That answers all my questions, and more. Look for my order!
mmm
I found it. applause

Tomorrow is a holiday so, they'll ship Tuesday.

(I already have it ready to go).

Well, I still have to put the address on the box. I'll do that when I finish this cup of coffee. hyper

Thanks Pugix
mmm
@Pugix

I just ran a test on the buffers. (specifically-yours)

Seems like they reproduce faithfully but, due to the manufacturing tolerances of the op amps, there is a 0-6mV offset.

If I inject a DC voltage into a channel at 1.00V, 2.00V and 3.00V, the offset deviation remains constant with each output. So, Channel 1A output may be 0.001V offset and 1B may be 0.003V offset. But, the offset remains the same at the different voltage input levels. I checked it at 5.00V but, my meter only reads into 100th of a volt resolution above 3.2V. So, they all read 5.00V smile

But, 6mV max deviation is around 7.2% of a semi-tone. I think most fine-tunes can handle that.

That data indicates that it should do fine for keyboard CV's. It's just a matter of fine tuning them to pitch.....

Which makes me think I may have to add another six-pack of beer to my VCO calibration procedure and tighten up the linearity on them. :(
mmm
Any votes for what I should put on sale next?
ach_gott
mmm wrote:
Any votes for what I should put on sale next?

VC Mixer! we're not worthy VC Mixer! we're not worthy VC Mixer!

Seriously, I could use several of these and if they had a similar discount, I could afford a quantity. This, in turn, might convince Scott @ Bridechamber to schedule a panel run (since he might have the right number of requests) which might inspire yet more sales. Soapbox Rockin' Banana!
numbertalk
VC Mixer!!!!!
mark_snipz
VC Mixer smile
mmm
Hmmm,

I'm getting the distinct impression that the VC Mixer is leading the suggestions.

Scott is doing a bridechamber panel for this. Let me do some back-door talking with him and coordinate something.

Or, see if there's anything to coordinate confused

Back soon
mmm
OK,

Here's how I'd like to propose this.

DIY VC Mixer package including the VCM1 assembled/tested board with WK-14B wire kit and the power cable configuration of choice (of those available) for $85.50 USD.

That's a deeper cut than I did with the buffers.

The board stock I have is minimal. The boards don't have the solder mask or silk screen but, if you guys want them and I get a minimum of 10 orders, I'll order a batch of full-on PCB's. That will take up to 10 business days to get after I order them.

My cart is having shipping cost issues and my brother is spending his time working on a new cart software so, here's how the shipping works:

I can fit up to 4 boards (w/cables) into a USPS priority small shipping box.
US is $ 4.95 per box flat rate and $13.50 per box international. The math is pretty simple.

I'll even put my old solder on the side and make these with that water soluable stuff to make them prettier smile (Tnx for the heads up Pugix)

This special won't be listed on my cart so, you'll have to add it up and Paypal me to my PayPal account: mattsonminimodular(at)comcast.net
of course, (at) means @

This is Tuesday so, I'll wait to see if we get 10 orders by Friday before I order the pretty PCB's, The special will run until next Tuesday at midnight PST.

If you don't care about the solder mask and silk screen and just want me to get on it, just email me after you placed your order and let me know.
Well, you'll all have to let me know what power cable you prefer anyway. Put that in the PayPal comments and email me. Odds are I'll be emailing you back to confirm.

How's that sound?
ach_gott
mmm wrote:
How's that sound?

Sound's like I'm going to be one busy, happy man. applause
numbertalk
What will the sale price be for just the board? Wasn't planning on getting the wire kits. Would love one with the silkscreen as well as saving a little $. Is the sale just for the board with wires?

Thanks!
Luka
recieved my filter cards smile woot
mmm
numbertalk wrote:
What will the sale price be for just the board? Wasn't planning on getting the wire kits. Would love one with the silkscreen as well as saving a little $. Is the sale just for the board with wires?

Thanks!

I was trying not to do that to see if I could get enough to order the nice boards but, if you just want boards with no cables How's $69 each (just because I like 69 hihi ) But, I'd encourage getting at least two or more at a time if you can. It's just an encouragement. Not a requirement.

I'll let everybody know when I have enough to order the PCB's.

As it is, I have 6 of the others.
mmm
Luka wrote:
recieved my filter cards smile woot

Woo hoo!! proof that gravity works hmmm.....

Enjoy them Luka!
numbertalk
This would be great, if that's ok, thanks! So I might order a couple other boards, too. So long as it's <=4 boards (no wire kits) tack on $4.95 for shipping?

mmm wrote:
numbertalk wrote:

Thanks!

I was trying not to do that to see if I could get enough to order the nice boards but, if you just want boards with no cables How's $69 each (just because I like 69 hihi ) But, I'd encourage getting at least two or more at a time if you can. It's just an encouragement. Not a requirement.

I'll let everybody know when I have enough to order the PCB's.

As it is, I have 6 of the others.
mmm
numbertalk wrote:
This would be great, if that's ok, thanks! So I might order a couple other boards, too. So long as it's <=4 boards (no wire kits) tack on $4.95 for shipping?

Only if you're in the US thumbs up

The wire kits will fit in there, too if you do want them.
numbertalk
mmm wrote:
numbertalk wrote:

Only if you're in the US thumbs up

The wire kits will fit in there, too if you do want them.

Yep, in the U.S. Look for my order later this evening!
wetterberg
bridechamber is doing panels... so I'm guessing that will be (spit) 5U panels?
mmm
wetterberg wrote:
bridechamber is doing panels... so I'm guessing that will be (spit) 5U panels?

Good question. I know Pugix is having him make some and he mentioned that he was making some. I could have sworn he said something about Euro.

Team up on him and ask, guys. I sent my email. smile

BTW, when you order these, please let me know if you will be using 15V or 12V power supplies.
pugix
I have FPE panels on order for the VC Mixer, and my 4-pot version of the Buffered Multiple that I call the Mattson Distributor. I'll make the FPD files available on my website eventually, and upload them to the Modular Synth Panels Yahoo group.

I came up with a 1U wide 5U panel that uses the jack grid from the standard MOTM format. It's 8 x 2 positions that can take a 16mm alpha pot with 3/4-inch knob, a 1/4-inch jack, an LED, or a toggle switch in any position. I even put small tick marks around the pots. The main problem with these (as all) FPE panels is that they are in the $50.00 ballpark! I'm also building two CGS modules in this panel format. One is done and should be getting onto my website soon, maybe this weekend, with photos. Then it'll be easier to explain this panel design.
numbertalk
Order sent! I can't believe you haven't gotten more orders yet, especially for this specific module - I'm so excited to finally have a VC Mixer in my synth! Thanks so much for making these more DIY-friendly versions available!
ach_gott
numbertalk wrote:
Order sent! I can't believe you haven't gotten more orders yet, especially for this specific module

Some of us don't get paid until tomorrow. Mr. Green
pugix
pugix wrote:
I'm also building two CGS modules in this panel format. One is done and should be getting onto my website soon, maybe this weekend, with photos. Then it'll be easier to explain this panel design.

Here it is:

http://pugix.com/synth/cgs-slope-detectors/

The Mattson VC Mixer panel has four pots in the upper left quadrant and ten jacks. The Buffered Multiple is similar but has twelve jacks.
mmm
I still think that your patch cords are way too organized hihi
mmm
OK,
The VC Mixer sale is ending tonight at midnight PST.

Which takes us to........

What's the votes for the next one?

Suggestions?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Mattson Mini Modular Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 3 of 6