MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Juno 106 Chorus Module for Eurorack
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next [all]
Author Juno 106 Chorus Module for Eurorack
logicgate
This is another project that was in my backburner, I'm loosing hair already trying to make the best routing and make it fit nicely in a 10cmx10cm PCB:

In my latest attempt I was able to squeeze it in a 9.7cm x 11cm PCB, almost there!

I was thinking about using an attenuverter to control the output:

at noon it would be chorus I + II

FCCW chorus I

FCW chorus II

Gonna take a little while, though. I'm still waiting for parts, around here it takes fucking long to get stuff, and I'm gonna use almost all original components.
logicgate
The forum is very laggy today, I can't edit my post and the images are not showing....
horstronic
Very nice! Do you plan to do boards for this?
logicgate
horstronic wrote:
Very nice! Do you plan to do boards for this?

Yes definetely.

Once it's done, and if there's enough interest, I'll offer a PCB run.

Cheers!
medbot
Wow, that's a busy looking board woah looking forward to seeing how this one turns out for sure.
lintfresh
Cool! applause
clusterchord
interested in this module...

if you can, add wet/dry control. many times, we just need a touch of chorus whilst retaining the full bandwidth of the source signal. its much more usable setup than just on or off.

also a 2-pos fixed HPF affecting whats fed to the chorus circuit, would be fantastic. for example 0/80/160Hz etc. it would make it much more versatile being usable for bass/low mid sounds, male vocals, things like that.. de facto a "bass chorus" setting of sorts.

just a thought. ..
Luka
i tried to find decent price mn3009 when fixing my juno and struggled finding real ones. all the ebay ones were duds.

if you are designing this maybe redesign for a in-production bbd like cool audio clones
logicgate
@Luka

This guy sold 139 MN3009 already, has 0 negative feedback. If you check the positive feedback, all MN3009 buyers confirm it's the real deal

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150955355461

@clusterchord

The idea is nice, but there's no way I can fit ANYTHING else in the PCB lol

I believe it's easier to achieve what you want by feeding an already HPassed signal into it? For dry/wet, you can use a stackable to feed the original signal into a mixer and the copy to the chorus module and from chorus to mixer, and adjust to taste?
Jdavidk
Any updates on the boards? Am very interested in this.
logicgate
Jdavidk wrote:
Any updates on the boards? Am very interested in this.

still cooking slowly.

I noticed that I can omit more parts from the original circuit that won't make any difference so, i think that the board will be a bit smaller.
Check Mate
This is just what I've been hoping and waiting for. I'm definately interested and you can count me in.
Keep it up! nanners
abelovesfun
Me too. Does it add noise like the juno chorus?
LektroiD
I'd be in for one of these with a panel...

The dry/wet option would be a welcome addition too, if possible...
malnatim
yes please!
livefreela
i'd for sure be in for a pcb / panel set - i'd been giving some thought to trying to render out the gligli juno chorus circuit for some time, but my skills are dodgy at best, so this looks rad!
logicgate
@abelovesfun

"Me too. Does it add noise like the juno chorus?"

It's quiet I think, didn't notice any noise that would impair the sound when I had it on breadboard, and I'm one of those guys that get very annoyed with hums, etc..
Isn't this "noise issue" something that is very random? Not all 106 are noisy, I believe there's something to do with the build or parts.

@LeKtroiD

Yes the wet/dry will def be there, there will be two outputs (chorus I and II), each with it's own wet/dry control.
Leonard de Leonard
"Yes the wet/dry will def be there, there will be two outputs (chorus I and II), each with it's own wet/dry control."
Sweet! w00t
memorygardens
any way this would work for motm? i love my juno chorus
Isaiah
I'm interested in a PCB, please.
Any idea of the board dimensions yet?
abelovesfun
Ok cool. Maybe it's bad luck, but every juno I've touched (5 between 6s, 60s, 106's, alphas, and my current hs) gets noisy with the chorus. Maybe they just needed new caps. I'd love to buy a pcb! I'm motm so I'll have to figure out my own panel.
Suf-fuD
I'm also very interested in this....smile
technotron

Sign me up for one! smile Do you plan on making front panels as well?
minisystem
Here's another Juno chorus clone:
http://gliglisynth.blogspot.fr/2014/05/new-diy-project-standalone-juno -60.html

I was wondering what, if anything, needs to be done to make it work with 12V?
logicgate
@technotron

no, I suck at panels! lol

@minisystem

Not much, really. All the ICs works with 12v, the only thing that needs to be done is to bring the signal level down before going into the circuit and then up again when exiting. Given that the MNs are somewhat sensitive I wouldn't feed them with a signal too hot.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next [all]
Page 1 of 16