MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Module Depths and Power Consumption
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> STG Soundlabs  
Author Module Depths and Power Consumption
Henfield
I am currently looking at the MU format STG Modules for a portable system along with my Dotcom modules. As I will be either constructing or re-using a suitcase or briefcase style case, the depth and power requirements are critical. Can I get the pcb depth and power consumption for the STG filters, VCA, wave folder, and voltage and trigger store ( I just need the depth for the last two, as they just use the 5V power rail).

Thanks,

Henfield........................
suitandtieguy
filters, VCA, and sequencer modules are all 4.5" or so deep. i would budget 5" for comfort.

i'll get back to the thread about consumption. i think i might take those readings tonight.
suitandtieguy
Post-Lawsuit Lowpass Filter: +16 mA, -15 mA
Voltage Mini-Store/Graphic Sequencer: 7 mA
Trigger Mini-Store/Trigger Sequencer: 8 mA
Time Buffer: 18 mA

i'll post more values as i get more modules measured. i need to build them first, though.
Henfield
Thank you STG, I am mainly looking for the +/- 15V draw, as there always is a large excess of +5V in each power system.

It looks like your modules are very effecient and do not use much power!
tortug
Hi,

I just ordered a wavefolder/Euro. What I didn´t knew, it's pretty deep.
I thought of building a rack in a suitcase, but the wavefolder wouldn't fit the way it is built.
Would it be a problem changing the angle of the board? Like putting it in a 90 degree angle, parallel to the plate (with an aluminium bracket or s.th. similar)? It would be wider than the plate, but I could put it beneath a very flat modul. Anything special to consider doing this?

Thanks for help.
suitandtieguy
the construction of the Wave Folder, P-L/LPF, and (soon to be released) Sea Devils Filter is all totally modular, and very easy to modify.

if you are handy, you could build yourself new wiring harnesses and mount the card somewhere else even.
tortug
Thanks,

great. I'll probably try mounting the card in a 90 degree angle then. 8_)
Jari Jokinen
Is euro version of Post-Lawsuit filter 4.5" deep? Then it is too deep to Doepfer suitcase, which has usable depth of 100mm = 3.9".
suitandtieguy
i believe it fits. i shortened the wing on the euro versions.
theabsent
suitandtieguy wrote:
Post-Lawsuit Lowpass Filter: +16 mA, -15 mA
Voltage Mini-Store/Graphic Sequencer: 7 mA
Trigger Mini-Store/Trigger Sequencer: 8 mA
Time Buffer: 18 mA

i'll post more values as i get more modules measured. i need to build them first, though.

Any idea how much euro-wave folder draws?
fac
Old thread, I know, but I didn't want to start a new thread.

I'm planning to expand my current dotcom rig and I'd like to know the power consumption specs of the STG Wavefolder, Sea Devils and Mankato filters (both in MU). I need to estimate the total consumption of my projected system to see if I need a new PS.

May I also suggest making this thread a sticky?
russma
I have added an "MU" data table on Suit's page on Muff's Wiki, and included the power and depth data in this thread.

Suit: if there's any errors, or anything else you'd like me to add to this page, PM me.
bleeps
Even older thread by now, but I figured I'd keep it all in one place. I'd also like to know the current draw for the Euro versions of the Wave Folder and Sea Devils. Any info?
EnricoGaruda
news on the info?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> STG Soundlabs  
Page 1 of 1