MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

200e module scam on ebay
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author 200e module scam on ebay
science
Someone has been trying to pull this scam for months now... just figured it was worthy of posting a warning. Someone on this forum owns the items pictured, and whoever is doing this has been using that same picture for tons of auctions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=360224224521
toothless_wonder
Jeez this guy is still here !!!!!!!!!!!! LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dubchild
the link shows the auction was killed. Was the this the 2-boat one again?
chinard
hey that was my auction angry

(just kidding, yo!)
science
dubchild wrote:

Yea, same one. The guy didn't even bother to modify the title or lack of description. He's like the synthcase.com of ebay scammers.
attacksustain
science wrote:
dubchild wrote:

Yea, same one. The guy didn't even bother to modify the title or lack of description. He's like the synthcase.com of ebay scammers.

next time it shows up, click on "other items from this seller", and you'll see dozens of just added auctions with the same "contact me" jpeg. My thinking is that someone (or maybe even several people) have a program/script that bombs ebay with a ton of these scam auctions every time they manage to get another hacked account.

They probably don't even know what a buchla is. At some point they just scraped a ton of auctions that had a buy-it-now over a certain value, and now just relist the exact auction text, just inserting the "contact me" jpeg.

Why hasn't ebay shut them down ? Whoever is behind it isn't stupid. The throwaway contact details, and even the server hosting the jpeg changes every time. (and they use a jpeg so that ebay can't add pattern matches searching for the suspicious text).
dougt
This has been going on for at least 3 years now. One of the aucs they'd always re-use was a 2600. Then a JP-8. Now Buchla. Someone else's account get's hijacked/phished and all the same old scam auctions start up again... You'd think ebay could auto-kill them at this point since they're so easy to detect...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1