MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

My new case!! w pics kids UPDATED
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author My new case!! w pics kids UPDATED
SOFTWIRE
so i got around to finishing my case this weekend. i ended up taking it completely apart and making the case 2" shorter height wise and 2" depth wise. i did this because i was going to end up making new power cables for a bunch of modules since it was pretty deep. while it was apart i fixed the bubbles in the plastic. i also ended up gettin 2 condor psu's with 3.4amp each with built in 5v. a thank to muff for the diy psu thread. heres some pics!

So heres some pics of the case i built over the holidays. it is huge. it doesnt fit in my truck. anywhere. i feel bad driving around with this in the bed of my truck.i should have thought of this before i built it but ohwell.!! it comes in at a whopping 900 hp. i still have 168hp of modules to put in it so ill still have about 2 1\2 rows to fill. whats left to finish? assemble buss boards, mount power supplies, power inlet\switch, handles,and make power ribbon cables for the modules since the case is really deep in the middle.plus i didnt order near enough square nuts for the vector rails. anyone have an alternate source other than mouser(ie cheaper) ill post some pics of it finished when i do.!! the only crappy part is that i put the abs plastic covering on the wood(like doepfer portable cases) and the wood i used had a painted side. the back panel and the right side had the painted side facing out and it pulled away from the wood when i contact cemented it so it has bubbles now. shitty i know. i could fix it but it would be a pain in my ass. probly wont happen.

dkcg
Wow that's huge! It needs a plaque with a name on it like "Gigantour" or something. I like the metal bracketing and corners, but you may want to put handles on the sides if you plan on moving it often.
SOFTWIRE
its on my list of things to do to it!
dkcg
Oh, and some overhead lamps would be so damn sexy!

Great work so far, and I only say so far because it sounds like you're not done yet. thumbs up
Epilogue
massively badass!

i used regular 4-40 hex nuts in my case, heck of a lot cheaper and i haven't had any problems with them yet

heres where i bought mine
http://www.microfasteners.com/catalog/products/NUTHN.cfm
transferpoint
damn... ... shit shit shit...
sascha.victoria
transferpoint wrote:
damn... ... shit shit shit...

did you poop your pants?
SOFTWIRE
@ epilogue

so the hex nuts fit in the vector rails? instead of square?[/quote]
Epilogue
SOFTWIRE wrote:
@ epilogue

so the hex nuts fit in the vector rails? instead of square?

yeah, i might have used the metric ones but they slide in just fine
loudone
sweet job man. Rockin' Banana! applause
REwire
That's AWESOME! Guinness ftw!

I'd want to put some control modules on the bottom. Not much available now but joysticks, mod wheels, buttons, sequencers. Maybe sooner or later someone will do a cool TKB.

Dan
ix
thats a beauty.......fully loaded that things going to be amazing.
Babaluma
where are the pics of the kids?

lol
Chuck E. Jesus
Epilogue wrote:
massively badass!

i used regular 4-40 hex nuts in my case, heck of a lot cheaper and i haven't had any problems with them yet

heres where i bought mine
http://www.microfasteners.com/catalog/products/NUTHN.cfm

thanks!
ersatzplanet
REwire wrote:
That's AWESOME! Guinness ftw!

I'd want to put some control modules on the bottom. Not much available now but joysticks, mod wheels, buttons, sequencers. Maybe sooner or later someone will do a cool TKB.

Dan

In a couple of weeks Synthwerks will be be finished with it's first run of performance modules. These will include a quad FSR (force sensing resistor) module and a couple of Manual Gate modules (using fast action arcade switches). If they work as planned (we just got the PCB's yesterday - waiting for the metalwork) they will be ready to buy in about a month or so - stay tuned - we will announce here on Muff's of course.
Audio Resistance
ersatzplanet wrote:

In a couple of weeks Synthwerks will be be finished with it's first run of performance modules. These will include a quad FSR (force sensing resistor) module and a couple of Manual Gate modules (using fast action arcade switches). If they work as planned (we just got the PCB's yesterday - waiting for the metalwork) they will be ready to buy in about a month or so - stay tuned - we will announce here on Muff's of course.

Great news!

I have been patiently waiting for some arcade button action ever since you announced these.

The mock ups on your site look good but I can not wait to see the final product.
ersatzplanet
Audio Resistance wrote:
ersatzplanet wrote:

Great news!

I have been patiently waiting for some arcade button action ever since you announced these.

The mock ups on your site look good but I can not wait to see the final product.

Those were probably older layouts. Here are the models we are assembling right now. The MG-1 has a 4-way multiple and the MG-1T has the toggle gate circuit. Both have inputs normalized to the +12V and is replaced when something is plugged in. These are simple modules but very useful and responsive.
-james
johnnymad
wow! now that's a turbo case! looks awesome.
elsuturo
your modular says
FUCK YO' COUCH NIGGA

hyper
toothless_wonder
Way cool !!! thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
hogberto
wow. just wow. eek!

have you thought of producing these to sell commercially? you could make a fortune around here. hihi
SOFTWIRE
Quote:

wow. just wow.

have you thought of producing these to sell commercially? you could make a fortune around here.

I thought about it but the only thing i dont like about it is making a lid for the curved case would be a pain. i wouldn't buy a case without a lid.(but id make one) they aren't overly hard to build either, this took me probably 6-7 hrs and i was just making it up as i went along. plus i dont have a garage here in slc. i built this at my parents over the holidays, so making these in my living room probably wouldnt work. especially since its basically the size of my couch.
SOFTWIRE
new pics bump
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1