MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

PowerOne Supply
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author PowerOne Supply
whomper
Hi,

I have 1 Blacet power supply and as I have started to assemble more components, I am looking out for a bigger power supply to connect all parts which are not sound producing.

I picked up a PowerOne HBB15-1.5A and am looking out for some guidance on how to hook it up.

Does anyone have some insights?
consumed
you should have a diagram on the psu itself on what to connect to configure it for 12v or 15v. make sure you heatshrink those exposed metal connections. you might also have to calibrate its output using a DMM.

i have to go down this road with my modular as well, but ive been putting it off.
krisp14u
I have 2, 1.5A PowerOne supply’s setup and running fine and I’ve got a monster 3A one to install in a new case

This is a guide on how Fonik has his PowerOne supply set up it may help
Just go through the photos and use the manual you got with your supply

http://www.modular.fonik.de/Page24.html

Take your time and take care mains Power is no fun when it’s running through your body

consumed wrote:
make sure you heatshrink those exposed metal connections

Don’t skip this stage and if you can’t get heat shrink to go round all of the connector you can use a blob of silicone sealant let it dry over night before you use the power supply

Cheers

Paul
consumed
never saw fonik's site before! thanks for posting that paul.
Kwote
sorta related but on Blacet's Bargain Basement page there selling PS PCB's

http://blacet.com/bargains.html

http://blacet.com/PS500sch.pdf

i'm wondering what it would take to safely build this up and what it would cost. perhaps i'll start a new thread if necessary, but i think it'd be cool to band together and see about cheaper power alternatives for all the formats.

edit- it looks like it can be built to produce 1000ma based on the PCB silkscreen
Muff Wiggler
i've always been curious about the '500/1000' designation on the PCB silkscreening of those. I wonder if they can be built up to provide 1amp.
Kwote
Muff Wiggler wrote:
i've always been curious about the '500/1000' designation on the PCB silkscreening of those. I wonder if they can be built up to provide 1amp.

i don't see why not. if only there was a diy manual help
whomper
I connected the power one power supply today according to the diagram, added a 0.75 Fuse before as required, powered it up and all's well!

I am using the Blacet power distributers. In each cabinet I place one and chain them together and into the power one supply.

I picked up the power one for roughly $65, so one does not mind the hassle and excitement of playing with wall outlet voltage, it a great bargain.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1