MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MIDITRIBE I/O - MIDI IN and OUT Interface for KORG Monotribe
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Amazing Machines  
Author MIDITRIBE I/O - MIDI IN and OUT Interface for KORG Monotribe
Amazing Machines

Video Review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFqBOyIKPMM

What's new in the MIDITRIBE I/O Model:

- MIDI OUT functionality (Outputs MIDI Clock / The Synth Part works as an arpeggiator running at 1/16, which
responds to pitch information recorded in each of the internal sequencer's 16 steps for controlling external synths
on MIDI Channel 1 / The Rhythm Part sends trigger information to MIDI Channel 10)
- Control external synths using the Ribbon Controller for Note ON / OFF, Expression Controller (CC 11) and Gate Time
- Send Continuous Controllers 1, 16, 80, 81, 82 and 83 to MIDI OUT Channel 1
- Couples as a MIDI Clock to Sync Pulse or Sync Pulse to MIDI Clock converter using the MONOTRIBE's built-in Sync I/O
- Added the best MIDI (Female DIN5) connectors available on the market
- Added a Manufactured PCB
- $10.00 USD Upgrade Rebate for Previous Owners (Previous Owners please contact us before placing orders)

Product Page:

http://www.amazingmachines.com.br/products_miditribe.html

Pricing and Availability:

$64 USD directly from the Amazing Machines Web Store
http://www.amazingmachines.com.br/store.html

Cheers,
Gabriel Rodrigues,
Amazing Machines
Kayr311
Is there any way to buy the Monotribe with this already attached? Looks like it would be a sweet machine!
Amazing Machines
Kayr311 wrote:
Is there any way to buy the Monotribe with this already attached? Looks like it would be a sweet machine!

Hi Kayr311,

Unfortunately it would be too expensive due to the insane amount of duty taxes we pay in Brazil, a Monotribe costs about to $250 in here, it used to be $350. The installation of the Kit is pretty straight forward, have you seen the Sonic State's Video Review?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFqBOyIKPMM

Thank you for your interest in our products!
Gabriel Rodrigues,
Amazing Machines
pedro1690
Hi,
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place, sorry. Q- When I play a sequence into the monotribe via the Amazing MAchines midi in using volume via cc7 or expression it plays back very quietly. If I turn off the volume cc on my unit (akia ewi 4000s) the level normalises. No problem with velocity CC during sequencing. Any ideas?
many thanks for this great product.
Pete. NZ
Amazing Machines
pedro1690 wrote:
Hi,
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place, sorry. Q- When I play a sequence into the monotribe via the Amazing MAchines midi in using volume via cc7 or expression it plays back very quietly. If I turn off the volume cc on my unit (akia ewi 4000s) the level normalises. No problem with velocity CC during sequencing. Any ideas?
many thanks for this great product.
Pete. NZ

Hi Pete,

Both, the Volume (CC7) and Expression (CC11), control the Output Level of the VCA, this is how KORG implemented the Sequencer and cannot be changed, usually you would choose Velocity to control the Level of each Note and CC7 or CC11 to Fade In and Out the Synth Part.

Cheers!
Gabriel Rodrigues,
Amazing Machines
pedro1690
great, thanks for the reply. I still don't fully understand but it sounds like your saying the sequencer cannot play back the volume data I played into the sequence because of the way the korg is hardwired.
Is this correct?
I play crescendos diminuendos with my breath envelope via cc7 or 11. The velocity is more of a fixed attack kind of function.
Many thanks
Pete
Amazing Machines
pedro1690 wrote:
great, thanks for the reply. I still don't fully understand but it sounds like your saying the sequencer cannot play back the volume data I played into the sequence because of the way the korg is hardwired.
Is this correct?
I play crescendos diminuendos with my breath envelope via cc7 or 11. The velocity is more of a fixed attack kind of function.
Many thanks
Pete

Hi Pete,

I'm not quite understanding your new question, do you want to record what you play on the EWI to the Monotribe's Internal Sequencer?

Or you simply want to play the Monotribe live from the EWI?

I'm not sure if it's possible, but maybe you could Offset CC7 or CC11 on the EWI so that the notes sound louder?

Cheers!
Gabriel Rodrigues,
Amazing Machines
pedro1690
Hi, yes I'd like to record onto the sequencer whilst sending cc7 or cc11 volume info but it plays back super quiet not sure if I could boost the signal enough to get a balance.
its fine on playback if I send velocity only data but that's not so useful to me. I just wondered why this occurs with the cc7 or cc11.
cheers
pete
Amazing Machines
pedro1690 wrote:
Hi, yes I'd like to record onto the sequencer whilst sending cc7 or cc11 volume info but it plays back super quiet not sure if I could boost the signal enough to get a balance.
its fine on playback if I send velocity only data but that's not so useful to me. I just wondered why this occurs with the cc7 or cc11.
cheers
pete

Hi Pete,

All these controls: Velocity, CC7 and CC11 are controlling the same thing, which is the VCA Level, so when you overlap them you may get unexpected results, the only difference between Velocity and the CCs is that the CCs are continuously variable while Velocity is Stepped per Note, I suggest that you pick one of them and work with it, if you attempt to send all 3 controls at the sametime you'll most likely get unpredictable results. In most cases you would choose one of the CCs and combine it with Velocity.

Cheers!
Gabriel Rodrigues,
Amazing Machines
pedro1690
thanks again for the reply, I haven't overlapped them. I only want to use volume with one of the cc's. It works fine except during sequencer playback when it becomes almost inaudible. Do you know why this happens?
Many thanks
Pete
Amazing Machines
pedro1690 wrote:
thanks again for the reply, I haven't overlapped them. I only want to use volume with one of the cc's. It works fine except during sequencer playback when it becomes almost inaudible. Do you know why this happens?
Many thanks
Pete

Hi Pete,

But if you want to use Volume with one of the CCs the only other possible CC to control the VCA is CC 11, this means that you are recording both CC 7 and CC 11, it won't respond very well to this configuration because they are both controlling the same parameter, you join that to Velocity and then you have 3 things trying to control the same parameter, it won't work like that, it may work as you said when you are playing live, but when you try to record, the quantization of the Sequencer will mess things up, have you tried with Flux Mode enabled?

Cheers!
Gabriel Rodrigues,
Amazing Machines
pedro1690
hi gabriel,
i know about midi choke etc. i'm only using one cc for volume 7 or 11 and no velocity. the result is the same. fine when playing but almost inaudible on sequencer playback. l'll try the flux mode.
pete
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Amazing Machines  
Page 1 of 1