MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Waldorf Streichfett?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author Waldorf Streichfett?
walkwithlight
anyone have a chance to play one yet?
are they rack mountable?

thank you
xparis001
I playd one at Musik Messe. it sounded fantastic. I don't think it's rack mountable. its in the same case as a Rocket.
davydka
I hear they're shipping out July 1st.
wyrtti
I gave my band's singer/bassist a note for his 40th nirthday that I am getting him one as soon as they become available. smile
spacenoodle
The little pink German is finally here.

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2014/07/26/waldorf-streichfett-strin g-synthesizer-now-available/
ben_hex
Interested to hear more of synth. Not heard anything I don't particularly like but not getting hooked in either. Just my thoughts anyway.
Christopher Winkels
I'm really excited about this, but (and there's always a but) I'm not hearing a lot of tones from it that are reminiscent of my favourite string machines, the ARP Omni and Yamaha SS-30.
Sir Ruff
Thought those demos sounded pretty dang great. I know they tweaked it towards certain machines more than others (not sure which ones), but I can't imagine a more fully featured or sonically diverse stringer in the vintage realm.

It's actually got me questioning whether I need to shell out for the local Yamaha SK-20 I've been eyeing!
Cadence
I think I'll make a judgement call once I hear a few more reviews in the coming weeks. I am anxious to hear how flexible this unit is.
acealive
I am waiting for this device to be available.

Meanwhile, the manual is available :
http://www.waldorf-music.info/streichfettdownloads
episod
I managed to get a preorder in via Sweetwater -- they don't know for sure when it will ship, but are projecting early September. I think the quoted US price was $369.

Really excited to add this into my setup and flow.

Oh, and I should mention -- it's not yet on the website.
burnn_out!
If it had cv/gate I'd have a boner right now. It doesn't and not a big fan midi so yeahhhh ... waah meh
Sir Ruff
burnn_out! wrote:
If it had cv/gate I'd have a boner right now. It doesn't and not a big fan midi so yeahhhh ... waah meh

I know this is Muffs 'n' all, but how would adding cv/gate to something like this make sense? hmmm.....
fac
CV/Gate for something that has 128 voices of polyphony?
Christopher Winkels
Yeah, the anti-MIDI thing doesn't make sense with this. It's digital anyway and has gobs of polyphony. MIDI is a natural fit.
Barfunkel
Definitely buying one when it comes out. The latest demos sound sweet. No idea what analog string machines sound, but I can think of a million uses for the sounds I've heard so far.
acealive
burnn_out! wrote:

What exactly would you do with CV/Gate for a polyphonic, digital Desktop Synth ?

In my case, the Main reason I never bought an old string machine is because they don't have MIDI.
So, finally a Stringer with MIDI, which is great news applause
skkatter
fac wrote:

Yeah that's exactly what I thought. "You want to play one note at a time or something?"
felixer
burnn_out! wrote:

get an a192-2 cv/gate->midi module and you can have two voices of stringer from modular synth/sq/random Mr. Green no more excuses for not buying this twisted
that said it would have been nice if there was a cv/expression/footpedal input for that big registration/mix/timbre knob. but no doubt it would have made it more expensive, for just a few who would use it. for this kind of money you should deal with 'special requests' yourself. perfectly do-able 8_)
burnn_out!
skkatter wrote:
fac wrote:

Yeah that's exactly what I thought. "You want to play one note at a time or something?"

I have no use 128 voices of polyphony. On a real note, does anybody besides Vangelis? I just want a string synth that isn't the size of a pontoon boat with cv control. I guess I'm alone on that though..
sloth713
burnn_out! wrote:
skkatter wrote:
fac wrote:

I have no use 128 voices of polyphony. On a real note, does anybody besides Vangelis? I just want a string synth that isn't the size of a pontoon boat with cv control. I guess I'm alone on that though..

I also would like that, but for the size and price I think the "spreadable fat" will fit the niche just fine. Also I would only buy such a thing if the keyboard could also be used as an external polyphonic CV controller too (similar to the Roland 184 keyboard)
felixer
burnn_out! wrote:
I just want a string synth that isn't the size of a pontoon boat

but then you wouldn't have all the knobs, and it's back to menu-diving again seriously, i just don't get it as it is they had to combine several functions. but it seems like a practical compromise. i guess this thing is more for real-time players and less for programmers ...

and besides vangelis there's guys like cowell, ligeti and xenakis who regularly use a lot of voices for clusters/clouds.
the solo section is only 8 voice. to me that is a bit of a disappointment ...
on the plus side i realized that you can use all the fx simultaneously thumbs up

if you want a 1voice cv stringer you can easily built a modular voice. main thing would be those washy fx, methinks ... switch that off and it's just a bunch of saw's.
fac
... or simply buy a bunch of cheap guitar pedals (choruses, phasers, flangers, reverbs) and use whatever synth with CV you already have.

I understand that 128 voices is probably overkill (although once you make 6-8 note chords with loooong releases, you might find out that 32 voices are quickly consumed). But who would want a monophonic stringer?
controlvoltage
fac wrote:
But who would want a monophonic stringer?

h4ndcrafted
hihi ^
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 1 of 8