MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Monotribe + Battery Acid
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Author Monotribe + Battery Acid
neilbaldwin
Had a Battery Acid board lying around for ages (got it as a freebie in a trade). Wasn't sure what to do with it and this weekend I was inspired to do a couple of extra mods to my Monoribe hihi

http://marmotaudio.co.uk/blog/
mckenic
I love portable playing with the 'Tribe - is removing the speaker absolutely needed? Wonder if Hex would do a micro-board for Tribes?

thumbs up Great stuff Neil!
neilbaldwin
Removing the speaker was the only way I could make space for the board. I did install headers for almost all of the connections on the board for experimenting (I changed a few resistors and capacitors from the standard Battery Acid build to get extra gain so I socketed them for easy swapping) so you could save space by just wiring it and maybe if there was (where possible) SMD pads for some components.

I removed one of the screws that holds the main PCB in the case and used a small nylon spacer (and another 'glued' to an empty space on the underside of the Battery Acid PCB) and replacement screw to mount the little PCB to the big one.
Ambriant
I just received a Hexinverter Battery Acid PCB in the mail. I look forward to building a module out of it. I'll probably do the switch mod, whereas I can switch between the Germanium diode distortion OR silicon diode distortion. Will be fun to experiment with it a little. Seems like a fun little module.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Page 1 of 1