Monotribe + Battery Acid

Discussion for Hexinverter eurorack modules - email Hex if you need anything urgent!

Moderators: Kent, hexinverter

neilbaldwin
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Monotribe + Battery Acid

Post by neilbaldwin » Mon May 26, 2014 3:11 pm

Had a Battery Acid board lying around for ages (got it as a freebie in a trade). Wasn't sure what to do with it and this weekend I was inspired to do a couple of extra mods to my Monoribe :hihi:

http://marmotaudio.co.uk/blog/

mckenic
pew!pew!pew!kthnxbye!

Post by mckenic » Mon May 26, 2014 3:29 pm

I love portable playing with the 'Tribe - is removing the speaker absolutely needed? Wonder if Hex would do a micro-board for Tribes?

:tu: Great stuff Neil!

neilbaldwin
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by neilbaldwin » Mon May 26, 2014 3:43 pm

Removing the speaker was the only way I could make space for the board. I did install headers for almost all of the connections on the board for experimenting (I changed a few resistors and capacitors from the standard Battery Acid build to get extra gain so I socketed them for easy swapping) so you could save space by just wiring it and maybe if there was (where possible) SMD pads for some components.

I removed one of the screws that holds the main PCB in the case and used a small nylon spacer (and another 'glued' to an empty space on the underside of the Battery Acid PCB) and replacement screw to mount the little PCB to the big one.

Ambriant
Common Wiggler

batacid

Post by Ambriant » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:21 am

I just received a Hexinverter Battery Acid PCB in the mail. I look forward to building a module out of it. I'll probably do the switch mod, whereas I can switch between the Germanium diode distortion OR silicon diode distortion. Will be fun to experiment with it a little. Seems like a fun little module.

Return to “Hexinverter Electronique”