MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Test of Eowave Titan Capsule
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Test of Eowave Titan Capsule
Shaperone
I got the Titan and think its great 8_) and my gateway to more Eurorack`s love! Here is some demo`s of Eowave`s Titan Capsule. Sequenced by Doepfer Dark Time.

The last one with Dynacord DRP-20.
alamandra
Shaperone wrote:
I got the Titan and think its great 8_) and my gateway to more Eurorack`s love! Here is some demo`s of Eowave`s Titan Capsule. Sequenced by Doepfer Dark Time.

The last one with Dynacord DRP-20.

gateway to eurocrack, welcome to the addiction sir lol. I did consider one of these at one point, I'll probably get some of their modules though.
wedeadyet
I'm considering ordering one next week. (First eurorack for me)
Should I go for it? Or rather build my own?
Adminius
The alternative to the Titan Capsule, which is self-contained and has a separate power supply, are the Titan Capsule Modules by themselves, which do not come in a powered case and therefore require a separate power supply bus and 40HP of space in your Eurorack case. This is the option I chose and I'm quite happy with the arrangement.
wedeadyet
So the only difference is whether I want this case or choose another?
Adminius
wedeadyet wrote:
So the only difference is whether I want this case or choose another?

If you don't already have a Eurorack case, the cheaper option would obviously be the self-contained Titan Capsule. But if you're even remotely thinking of expanding your Eurorack collection in the future you will probably be better off getting the Titan Capsule Modules and a separate case from the manufacturer of your choice.

Welcome to the precipice, my friend. hihi

Oh, yeah ... and welcome to Muffs!
General_Dimi
Was thinking about one of these too! But, after another purchase, I'm still dead set on buying their sensor input(s) module(s) and some sensors at the very least to have a ribbon or two to play with.
Discohund
Hi!

Just got my hands on this Capsule Titan! Finally! Just love it.
Was just wondering about the T- and P-connections "on top". What are these for?
koam
@Shaperone thanks for the demos!

The Titan Capsule appeals to me as a self-contained desktop unit.

What's the build quality of it (and Eowave stuff in general) like? I've yet to see any in person.
koam
Double post.
airfrankenstein
Build quality is fine. I had the Capsule Titan and an Eowave Domino as well. Never had any issues with either.
Roy72
I've had 2 titan oscillators and a Zone BF for a couple of months, all 3 with the black faceplates. Nothing wrong with the build at all. The Zone BF is particularly great on the bang/buck equation, with the update allowing a trigger reset of the wave or rate modulation via rear jumpers.

I got the titans to add some squares and saws to my DPO, so I could stack them and do east and west and they do this really well. If you threw a stack of cash at an AJH Synth or Aion moog style oscillator (or a DPO) and wanted something to add some detunes saws action, then these are great. For the cost/HP a pair of them is in a similar ballpark to a lot of the big name oscillators, but you get two waves to mess with. The hard sync brings harsh tones, don't think your gonna sound like The Cars. I'm pretty sure there isn't linear fm either, only expo. They have a pretty cutting, nasally sound to them, distinct, the OP demos really capture that and is a big reason I got them (the sound, not the demos).

And they were great via email when I was purchasing.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1