MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

where is the best source for banana cables? (non diy)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author where is the best source for banana cables? (non diy)
sunsinger
I need to find a source for banana cables for a Serge in about a week. Is there a place where a non DIY guy can go and not spend a ton of cash?
Reese P. Dubin
testpath.com

cheaping on cables when you have splurged on a serge is counter productive
Minimoog56
testpath - Joe Slusky would approve -
sunsinger
Thanks! I'll check em out! 8_)

hihi 20 minutes later...

That was a good source. Thanks, placed an order, the cables look good!
I think in about a week I will be selling a bunch a little cheaper than testpath! let me know if you're interested.
sunsinger
Yes 3001! Please let me know. I will buy nice cables.

This serge is actually one that Michael Stearns has just bought. He's getting back into modular after 25 years. It's Michaels first acquisition of many to come. It sounds like he wants to re-build an incarnation of his Mighty Serge from the 80's.

I got lucky enough to have him drop it in my lap while he's away for about a month. So I'm buying him some cables.

PM me with some details and a photo or two if your building new ones, or I'm definitely interested in buying a pile of old ones.
cebec
Yeah, testpath's the best.

Cool to hear about Michael Stearns getting back into modular. Consider pointing him to my ad to see if he's interested in any of my panels for sale:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=114017&highlight=
sunsinger wrote:
Yes 3001! Please let me know. I will buy nice cables.

This serge is actually one that Michael Stearns has just bought. He's getting back into modular after 25 years. It's Michaels first acquisition of many to come. It sounds like he wants to re-build an incarnation of his Mighty Serge from the 80's.

I got lucky enough to have him drop it in my lap while he's away for about a month. So I'm buying him some cables.

PM me with some details and a photo or two if your building new ones, or I'm definitely interested in buying a pile of old ones.

ah, cool, stearns is a great guy! I tried talking him back into getting serge back in his life a few months ago! maybe it worked! grin
sunsinger
cebec wrote:
Yeah, testpath's the best.

Cool to hear about Michael Stearns getting back into modular. Consider pointing him to my ad to see if he's interested in any of my panels for sale:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=114017&highlight=

Will do! Looks like some nice modules. 8_)
anselmi
great topic!

are this cables compatible with Buchla ones?

http://www.testpath.com/Items/Patch-Cord-Banana-Plug-Stacking-PVC-15A- 24-BLK-114-871.htm

if yes, then why Buchla´s cost 3X? is there a quality difference?
deliciousEd
They're the same ones - i just received a music easel and it came with Pomona cbles
dsu
Just tried contacting TestPath and I just get a busy signal on the phone and the web site doesn't respond. Anyone have any idea if they are still in business?

I bought my last patch of pomona banana's there, the pricing was very good. If Testpath is out of business any recommendations?
search64
Mouser!

Copied from other topic:

Mouser part numbers for Pomona cables:
565-B8-3 (- 8" orange)
565-B18-4 (- 18" yellow)
565-B24-5 (- 24" green)
565-B36-2 (- 36" red)
565-B48-6 (- 48" blue)
565-B60-8 (- 60" grey)
565-B72-9 (- 72" white)

Last number is color, middle number is length in inches.
J3RK
I order from Mouser too most of the time. If I need extras in a pinch, Frys has red and black Pomonas in 2' and 3' lengths. I prefer the white ones though for my color schemes.
NU
Since you're in Canada, try Digi-key. I had my order within 48 hours. You pay tax up front but shipping is free over $100 and $8 under $100.
dsu
Thanks for the pointers folks!
MindMachine
Newark (or whatever they are called now) stocks a lot of the Pomona size/color options and when back ordered gets them from Pomona in a week or two. I have had great luck with them at prices I found reasonable over the years.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1