MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Any Entrancers Out There? (KORG)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author Any Entrancers Out There? (KORG)
Ty
I was about to sell my KORG KAOSS Pad "entrancer"...

Then with NTSC coming back into my hobby/art life via LZX, I am loving my Entrancer more than ever. And what were so many silly settings for video - work really nicely with video synthesis! Bananallama!

Anyone else using one? Have any favorite settings or tricks? cookie?!?
Ginko
Haha, I am looking to buy one, does that count, sure you don't want to sell yours? hihi
Matos
I love mind. Finally getting it hooked up to midi wS a game changer. This with the LZX and silent way is so inspiring.
Ty
Matos: What's "wS" I don't know what "silent way" is either? confused

The Entrancer is making me think of a cv/midi module though! hyper

Here is some handy work from "VJTranceKoder" He compiled the whole effect list into one!

http://ioav.com/Korg%20Entrancer%20COMBI%20FX%20LIST(Small).pdf

Manual in .pdf is easy enough to find. (and doesn't include the fx list!)
i.m.klif
i love my entrancer. as i mainly use with live pan tilt cameras. wy favorite fx are delay/buffer based stuff, blurs and trails, vertical/horisontal stripe delays. i rarely touch other fx, altough at times i was amazed how good some of those retro rave effects work today.
Matos
Ty wrote:
Matos: What's "wS" I don't know what "silent way" is either? confused

The Entrancer is making me think of a cv/midi module though! hyper

Here is some handy work from "VJTranceKoder" He compiled the whole effect list into one!

http://ioav.com/Korg%20Entrancer%20COMBI%20FX%20LIST(Small).pdf

Manual in .pdf is easy enough to find. (and doesn't include the fx list!)

Sorry, weird autocorrect. Was....midi was a game changer. Playing rhythmic patterns with visuals into ableton clips is awesome. Silent way is software that allows the computer to speak cv. I use that to control my LZX system which I feed from the entrancer or process the video coming from the LZX.
dubbmann
Yes, I own 2 KPEs and find them really useful for all sorts of video fun. Do you have vids of what you've done w/ them posted anywhere? I'd love to check out what other folks use them for.

Cheers,

d
Ty
I will post some video soon. I still have not put my rig back together from last week's show - hoping to get back to goofin' before the weekend is over! w00t

Like I mentioned in my OP, I feel like I am getting to know the KPE all over again. I redid all my presets as ones that were fine for video are not so great for LZX and vice versa.
revmutt
Love the Entrancer. Like anything it comes in and out of the work flow but is a lot of fun.
dubbmann
I'm really interested in the LZX and its fit w/ KPEs. It's funny - I resisted for decades going modular in my synths because it just struck me as an endless route of distraction away from music making but the LZX may finally force my hand ;-)

BTW, here's a YT link to a vid I did a few years ago -

http://youtu.be/g4CR7IYLpT8

The KPE was used to mangle stuff before being finished w/ Vegas Video FX.

Hope you enjoy...

d
Ty
Here is a quick video I made showing the 8 KORG KPE presets I currently have programmed.

I ended up reediting my presets after my last show and dug through all the settings and landed on these. w00t

I have about another 6 or so "runners up" nanners

(I will post this in the sticky hardware thread as well)
bentoncbainbridge
what do the KPEs sell for these days? had one that was destroyed by Hurricane Sandy but sold it for parts. also, can't remember - are they PAL/NTSC switchable?
timtam
I have been following them on eBay for the last few months and their is one on there now that is priced at around 700 after shipping. The one before that ballooned to over 900. eek! They don't come up a whole lot.

Cool/informative vid Ty. Thnx
Roxell
I bought mine about three years ago for $700.

There is indeed a small switch on the back to switch from PAL to NTSC.
TV-OD
Certainly having fun with mine.
At the moment I have it in a feedback loop with a Panasonic MX30, feed other material into the MX30. Excllent fun when the MX30 is in Mix mode - lots of distinct echoes. Wipes are fun, especially the shape wipes and luma key goes nuts !
Using the colour correction on the feedback input also gives great results.

Last thing I did with this setup

mr_coops
Here's a vidf I did a while ago.
I can't believe it was 3 years ago...
GhostOfProvence
Hey there all! New to the forum was just wondering if any of you had a Korg Entrancer you’d be willing to sell? I haven’t had much luck finding them in the states. Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated! I’d also be into another piece of equipment that would do some of the same visuals but haven’t found anything really. The LZX systems don’t really work in my setup.
wcfields
GhostOfProvence wrote:
Hey there all! New to the forum was just wondering if any of you had a Korg Entrancer you’d be willing to sell? I haven’t had much luck finding them in the states. Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated! I’d also be into another piece of equipment that would do some of the same visuals but haven’t found anything really. The LZX systems don’t really work in my setup.

I have one and I highly recommend it. It's a very 1 to 1 system, with only one effect at a time but effect 76 is really killer.

I only see them come up on eBay about once every 2-3 months, but right now seems like a glut of overpriced ones (should be less than $600). I bought mine in 2015 from eBay for $575 shipped.

Currently there's a few for $1200+ and a few for $700 (even one in Osaka, Japan!). They have a lot of hype but it's hard to justify that much. I haven't tried this, but maybe try Yahoo Auctions Japan? (From what I know Yahoo Auctions is like 90% of the market in Japan, no one there uses eBay).

Edit: Yup, here's one for $410 USD https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e329798700
GhostOfProvence
Great thanks! I ended up finding one from Japan, very useful unit! Thanks for the advice!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1