MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mattson VC Mixer Debug
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Mattson Mini Modular Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author Mattson VC Mixer Debug
mmm
mirf59 wrote:
mmm wrote:
mirf59 wrote:
Do y'all know if this Mattson mixer module is still available somewhere?

The Quad VCM?

Last I looked, they were still in my cart thumbs up

http://www.mattsonminimodular.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_inf o&cPath=1_2_15&products_id=44

Mattson Mini Modular

Thank you, George. Are these kits 2 x 2.5 MU? There's a 2MU version of the dual vc mixer, as pictured in this thread, on modular grid. Would two of the kits at link you provided equal one of the dual, covering the same real estate but in a different layout? I think 8 channels would ensure I don't run out.

Finally, how hard would you rate the build on a scale of 1 to 10? This would be my first DIY module(s).

Thanks in advance.

Brian

Hi Brian, I just sell the working module boards. The panels and panel components are entirely the decision of the customer.

Responded to your PM.

G
mirf59
George,

Two questions:

1. Does the board come populated, or do I solder the components onto the board? (I understand I'm on the hook for wiring either way)
2. Apologies if this is on your site, but what are the exact dimensions of the board?

I have a space for the unit that is 3.875 inches horizontal pitch. I'd like to stack two VC mixer board, so I need to know if one of the dimensions of the board is less than or equal to 3.875".

Thanks in advance.

Brian
mirf59
mmm

George, just posted something on the "debug" thread at MF.

Brian
JohnLRice
mirf59 wrote:
mmm wrote:
mirf59 wrote:

The Quad VCM?

http://www.mattsonminimodular.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_inf o&cPath=1_2_15&products_id=44

Mattson Mini Modular

Thank you, George. Are these kits 2 x 2.5 MU? There's a 2MU version of the dual vc mixer, as pictured in this thread, on modular grid. Would two of the kits at link you provided equal one of the dual, covering the same real estate but in a different layout? I think 8 channels would ensure I don't run out.

Finally, how hard would you rate the build on a scale of 1 to 10? This would be my first DIY module(s).

Thanks in advance.

Brian
I'm not sure on the PCB dimensions but George's boards are super easy since they come pre-built and tested but creating a finished module out of them is more of an intermediate to advanced level in some respects. From his site:

"A line of assembled/ tested DIY module boards for the DIY'er. Or, lately being referred to as FIY (Finish It Yourself). The customer will need to design/source their own panel and panel components. Wire kits for each board are available if you need them, A variety of power cables are also available. We also offer a selection of stock panel components for purchase as a convenience if you need a handful of items you don't wish to source yourself."
mirf59
JohnLRice wrote:
mirf59 wrote:
mmm wrote:
mirf59 wrote:

The Quad VCM?

Mattson Mini Modular

Thanks in advance.

Brian
I'm not sure on the PCB dimensions but George's boards are super easy since they come pre-built and tested but creating a finished module out of them is more of an intermediate to advanced level in some respects. From his site:

"A line of assembled/ tested DIY module boards for the DIY'er. Or, lately being referred to as FIY (Finish It Yourself). The customer will need to design/source their own panel and panel components. Wire kits for each board are available if you need them, A variety of power cables are also available. We also offer a selection of stock panel components for purchase as a convenience if you need a handful of items you don't wish to source yourself."

Thank you, John. Love your stuff, BTW.
JohnLRice
mirf59 wrote:
You are welcome and thanks for the kind words! cool I just posted a new video today for the SSL Scat-Talker module you might check out in case you like synthesized human voices. Domo-Kun
mmm
JohnLRice wrote:
mirf59 wrote:
You are welcome and thanks for the kind words! cool I just posted a new video today for the SSL Scat-Talker module you might check out in case you like synthesized human voices. Domo-Kun

Thanks for jumping in John. This week has been insane.

At the top of my DIY WIKI page, there is a link that shows board dimensions and a link for my standard wiring conventions the second subject down from the top of the page.

http://www.mattsonminimodular.com/wiki/index.php?title=DIYcisions_DIYc isions
mirf59
mmm wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:
mirf59 wrote:

Thanks for jumping in John. This week has been insane.

At the top of my DIY WIKI page, there is a link that shows board dimensions and a link for my standard wiring conventions the second subject down from the top of the page.

http://www.mattsonminimodular.com/wiki/index.php?title=DIYcisions_DIYc isions

Excellent. Thank you, George. Looks like it will fit my purpose, stacked rather than edge mounted.

"God does not play dice with the universe." -- Albert Einstein.

Well, ends up he does. You can't be right about everything, Al.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Mattson Mini Modular Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2