MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Neinohnein Clap Controls
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Author Neinohnein Clap Controls
toneburst
I recently completed a Neinohnein clap euro module.

At the time I was putting it together, I had no way to test it, so I'm happy to report that it does make sound, now that I have the means to trigger it (via the Clock output of a Frequency Central Superwave LFO, also just completed)!

However, I'm unsure if the controls are working as they should, and haven't been able to find any examples of how it's supposed to sound.

On my unit, the control labelled 'INTENS' on the Re:Synthesis panel seems to have a very small useful range, producing a very loud burst of white noise which overwhelms the the initial 'Clap' part of the sound and has a very long decay if the knob is rotated past about 10:00.

The two NOISE controls seem to do basically the same thing, and I can't really tell the difference between the effect of one control or the other.

Does it sound like there's something wrong with my build?
I've checked the values of the pots, and they seem OK.

a|x
toneburst
I'm becoming convinced that the initial clap sound is much quieter than it should be, so the noise/reverb part drowns it out. Without any examples of a properly-working module to compare it to, though, I can't be sure.

I'll record some examples of my unit when I get home, and I'd be really grateful if someone could take a listen and see what they think.

Cheers,

a|x
toneburst
Here are some examples of the controls. In this example, I'm increasing the 'INTENS.' control from its minimum value, to about 12:00. 'NOISE A' and 'NOISE B' are at their mid settings. As you can hear, the sound is almost inaudible with INTENS. at the minimum value, and increases massively in volume as the knob is turned.

I'd be really grateful if someone with a working Hexinverter.net Neinohnein Clap module could have a listen, and tell me if this is expected behaviour.

Thanks very much, guys.

a|x
toneburst
Am I posting this on the wrong forum?
Maybe nobody else has a Neinohnein clap module....

I will try elsewhere.

Thanks guys,

a|x
toneburst
Anyone?
Jop
Hi toneburst,

I have just completed the clap module and will record some audio tomorrow. I didn't notice any odd behavior but the intensity control goes quite high fully clockwise.
toneburst
Hi Jop

Thanks very much!

a|x
Jop
Here you go.

First clip with:
Noise 1 - Almost fully CW
Noise 2 - Almost fully CCW
Intensity: From CCW to CW and back

Second clip:
Noise 1 - Almost fully CCW
Noise 2 - Almost fully CW
Intensity: From CCW to CW and back

Third clip:
Noise 1 - Variable
Noise 2 - Variable
Intensity: Little bit from CCW

Sorry for the boring pattern and please watch the levels, those high noise levels are not that pleasant :-)
toneburst
Hi Jop,

thanks very much for the examples. Mine definitely doesn't sound like that…
The most obvious difference is the massive change in volume when I rotate the INTENS pot. Yours doesn't seem to do that.

I'll have another look at the component values.

Thanks again,

a|x
toneburst
Turns out I got my electrolytic caps mixed up, and installed 3x 4.7uF, where I should have put 0.47uF ones. Have ordered some of the right ones, and hopefully it should all work as it should when I've soldered them all in.

a|x
toneburst
Correct caps now installed, and it sounds much more like it should. I'm still finding that with the INTENS control more than about half way, I get constant white noise, but I guess this is intended behaviour.

Much better..

Cheers,

a|x
voronin75
Hi! How did the story end?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Page 1 of 1