MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Intellijel Azimuth II Help
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Intellijel Azimuth II Help
axkan
Hi, does anybody knows if there is a good manual or video to fully understand the Azimith II.
StoneLaw
Don't think so but it's pretty staightfoward. I suppose the pan law thingie could be complicated, but at mono it becomes a crossfader. At stereo it pans, at super stereo it spreads the width doing a mid side thing. The term azimuth means something like the angle of a slice of a circle... The mono/stereo/super stereo knob basically messes with the width of that slice, where your source is the tip of the slice.

Other than that, everything has a cv input with attenuators... Positive cv increases the value of a knob, while the attenuators will reduce the effect of that cv. So to use it as an audio vca you turn the volume/bias down so that it's silent, then use envelopes to essentially open and close the volume from there. I think the vca cv ins take 0-5v to open them, while the pan and width controls take -5 to 5 v.

Patching to the left vca input normals the signal to the right side. That's about it for the module.
dmuirw
Is there a manual yet, even though its straight forward?
Yeggman
dmuirw wrote:
Is there a manual yet, even though its straight forward?

StoneLaw's post above basically covers all the functions of the module.

Do you have a specific question about it?
jambirn
Hi Guys,
My first post here --- having fun learning from you.
Can someone please tell me why I can't use my Azimuth II as a dual mono output? I want to send the left channel to one track and the right channel to another track, and it is not working. Why is this? I'm missing something.
Thank you--
Jim
schwittersplayspop
Can you say a bit more about what's not working? You're getting audio from one channel in the other?
ibzieg
axkan wrote:
Hi, does anybody knows if there is a good manual or video to fully understand the Azimith II.

I'm planning on buying one soon, and I also had trouble finding manual or video. There is a video on vimeo.com for the Azimuth v1, but the controls are slightly different.

jambirn wrote:

Can someone please tell me why I can't use my Azimuth II as a dual mono output?

This is my main question I want to confirm as well -- Can you use the Azimuth as a dual linear VCA? (i.e. two independent VCAs when you don't need crossfade or pan functionality). I asked in another thread and got no response
tebs213
Watch the demos for the WMD MMVCA, they get in to a lot of the same kind of functionality, albeit with a different kind of interface. Both are great for panning, crossfade, stereo, etc.
christie
ibzieg wrote:
axkan wrote:

I'm planning on buying one soon, and I also had trouble finding manual or video. There is a video on vimeo.com for the Azimuth v1, but the controls are slightly different.

jambirn wrote:

Can someone please tell me why I can't use my Azimuth II as a dual mono output?

This is my main question I want to confirm as well -- Can you use the Azimuth as a dual linear VCA? (i.e. two independent VCAs when you don't need crossfade or pan functionality). I asked in another thread and got no response

My question, too. Anyone, anyone?
Leverkusen
It should be possible in stereo mode but I would expect some crosstalk between the channels as you have to find the exact stereo point with the width knob between mono and that "special aural illusion trick" wich sounded like some kind of annoying phase issue to me.

I tried to buy one last year but it had a loose joint or broken jack or potentiometer or something like that. The replacement unit I got then did not work either so I gave up. seriously, i just don't get it
knochenfabrik
Hy guys,

I need also help with the Azimuth II. When I only send CV signal into VCA L and audio signal In the "LEFT->" input, shouldnt the CV also be sent to the right channel automatically? I think that this is the way it worked for me at least. Since yesterday I have to plug in CV into VCA R aswell if I want to hear the signal on the Right output - before CV and audio was sent automatically to the right inputs if nothing was plugged in in VCA R and audio input R.
I have the fader and the "STEREO/MONO" pot in the middle position all the time. If I turn up the R BIAS i can hear the sound but somehow the CV doesnt reach the right channel anymore if i only plug something in the L CV input.
Any suggestions for a solution or is this normal if I only use one input I have to use wether MONO (Pot completely to the left) or STEREO (pot completely to the right) and cant pan if its set to the middle (stereo).?

Sorry for my bad english, thanks in advance.
Foghorn
There are a few videos at the bottom of the Azimuth II page on modulargrid.

Azimuth II on modulargrid

Foghorn
knochenfabrik
Thanks for the input but I cant find anything helpfull there unfortunately...confused
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1