MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Received my modules from Buchla
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Received my modules from Buchla
Oxix52
I finally got my modules yesterday. hyper I have been reading all information I can get concerning Buchla, watching all videos I could find on the 'net, listening to all the demos and recordings I could find for the past 2 years. Nothing really prepared me for working with the modules for the first time. These modules are amazing.

I had often read the explanations for why Buchla modules are so expensive, but it was not until I finally got some that I could really appreciate the quality and beauty of them. Each module is an engineering masterpiece by itself.

There are things that I never realized until I used my system. For example, maybe I just missed it somewhere, but I never realized that the stages of the 281e can be free running. I had just assumed that I would have to trigger a stage to start. In cyclic mode, it can act as 4 different very configurable LFOs.

I can't believe the pallet of sounds that I can get from so few modules, and I have only played with it for a couple of hours so far. I do not have any regrets at all for spending the money. I have thought about all the other systems I could have gotten and I believe I made the best choice.

I think I will soon be trading in my 201e-6 for a 201e-18. hihi
Oxix52
Ok, here is an mp3 of my first experiments. My system currently consists of : 206e, 261e, 281e, 291e, and 292e...
abendrot
Thanks for the demo. I really enjoyed listening to it. applause
I hope that you will post some pictures.
I really would like to know how a 261e is looking on the back. hmmm.....
cbm
Oxix52 wrote:
I think I will soon be trading in my 201e-6 for a 201e-18.

Not the 24 space? :-)

Congrats!
dougcl
yay. More samples plz
ehr
I'd like to hear some more too.
Oxix52
Cool, I'm glad you guys liked the mp3. I'll try to do some more soon.

I considered the 24 space, but think the 18 is as far as I want to go and still be portable. If...um, I mean when, I need more than 18, I plan on going to a 6 or 12 hihi .

I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow.
amnesia
You will always want more Buchla, its modular after all.

I have completed my 24wls ( and I had originally planned for the 18, so glad I didnt) now I am having to go buy another rack!
Oxix52
I would love you see some pics of your 24. I have only seen the one posted on the B&A site.
amnesia
oops its hot and my brain isnt working . I have an 18 and I was originally going to get a 12
amnesia
I would love to see more photos of the 24wls
Oxix52
Are you planning on a 24 eventually?
dougcl
yes
ex_dead_teenager
beautiful demo very moody I like it. Congratulations again on getting the Buchla!
Morley
Buchla quality is fabulous and the attention to detail.
Worth the money.
toothless_wonder
nanners nanners nanners
Morley
The 281 EG's are fab. My 200 had the older versions but they were almost my favorite part along with the VCO's. Superb.
momo
amnesia wrote:
I would love to see more photos of the 24wls

Does anyone know if any have shipped? Oh and by the way Oxix52 congratulations!
Oxix52
Here is another doodle with my new Buchla. As before, this is one pass with just a few knob twiddles along the way.
Oxix52
There was a request for some images of the 261e.
Oxix52
This is my system currently. The empty space will (hopefully)soon be filled with a ZOe oscillator.
Morley
Very nice. I'll probably grab the two modules on the left as for me, those define Buchla and what I miss.
Oxix52
Yes, those are incredible modules. They are much more than they first appear to be. It would be easy to dismiss them as just 'utility' modules if you haven't used them.
amnesia
if you decide to expand I would be interested in buying your boat
xpander
i'd take the tags off of the power connectors, m'kay?

they didn't give you a blank panel?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2