MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Blacet power cables
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Blacet power cables
Kwote
so i got the kit and sucessfully made 8. unfortunately i sorta messed up the others but it's no big deal cuz i can just shorten those and do em right.

but i need to get the FM 4 Pin housings, connector pins and heatshrink.

does anyone have mouser part #'s?
Kwote
nobody? wonder if John would tell me.
Muff Wiggler
no idea, sorry!
Kwote
it's cool. i just sent my question to the Blacet list. hopefully somethin will pan out. i'll rip apart the mouser catalog if i have to but the first couple trys for the connectors didn't turn up what i need.
eyehue
i'm gonna post to bridechamber and try to find out, this is driving me nuts.
eyehue
that bridechamber list was fast!

mouser #: 571-6404454

we're not worthy http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/ModularSynthPanels/
Liquidcolor
Hold on ! That part number is for the 4 pin PCB mounted power header.

As far as I can tell, Kwote wants the part numbers to build some cables.

It's always good practice to take a look at the datasheet before purchasing a part for the first time.

I don't know the exact part Blacet uses, but you want a 4-pin .156 pitch keyed connector.

I use: 538-09-50-3041

The crimp pins are: 538-08-50-0134

1/4" heatshrink: 650-RNF100014SP

You might find them cheaper elsewhere, but saving a few nickels may not matter.
Kwote
Liquidcolor wrote:

It's always good practice to take a look at the datasheet before purchasing a part for the first time.

I don't know the exact part Blacet uses, but you want a 4-pin .156 pitch keyed connector.

Thank you!!
Kwote
Kwote wrote:
Liquidcolor wrote:

Thank you!!

oh while i'm at it i might as well ask what the part # for the wires are too?
eyehue
i'm really confused, didn't all that stuff come with the kit?

it did with mine. everything except the pcb mount pins.
Liquidcolor
Alpha 18awg stranded wire:

Black: 602-3055-100-02

Red: 602-3055-100-03

White: 602-3055-100-01

There's cheaper wire, but this handles the best. By handle, I mean easy to strip, durable jacket and not too stiff nor pliable.

Eyehue: Kwote mentions he "sorta messed up" some from his kit, so I assume maybe melted housing or ruined pins.
Kwote
Liquidcolor wrote:
Alpha 18awg stranded wire:

Black: 602-3055-100-02

Red: 602-3055-100-03

White: 602-3055-100-01

There's cheaper wire, but this handles the best. By handle, I mean easy to strip, durable jacket and not too stiff nor pliable.

Eyehue: Kwote mentions he "sorta messed up" some from his kit, so I assume maybe melted housing or ruined pins.

awesome. thanks!

yea i basically made 12. the first 4 weren't up to par imo. i crimped and housed em but i wasn't doing it properly as i found a bit later the exact right way so i didn't wanna risk using em. as all that was happening i bent and broke a couple pins and thus ran out by the time i got around to my last cable. so that one's only half finished.

i could probably reuse the housing but that didn't occur to me til just this second. regardless though i like having all the part #'s and am grateful. i like having extra's around. everytime i order from mouser now i grab up extras that may or may not be on my current list.
Cybananna
what are you guys using to crimp the pins? Is getting the proper tool worth the money or is there another good way?
eyehue
for $22 or so, the tool is definitely worth it, has both perfect shapes for those pins, a trapezoidal shape? i recommend it and think it helped out, but i don't think it's totally required.
johnnymad
i made mine without the crimp tool, but i'm sure it would have been a lot easier with it. very frustrating
Cybananna
Thanks, I like easy. especially when it's not too expensive. I'll go with the tool when the time comes.
Kwote
Don't give yourself a massive migrain and get the crimp tool.

i don't think i could've stood to do this project without it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1