MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Good experiences with modular builders/companies
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Author Good experiences with modular builders/companies
D/A A/D
Peter Grenader is a straight up and awesome guy!

Seriously, he is just so damn professional and courteous... His emails always make me smile, and for that matter its the same with Dieter Doepfer.

If there was one reason to go Euro, it seems that most Euro builders have their shit together! Please, that was not an open invitation to burn Livewire...

Alex
consumed
ive had some pleasant email exchanges with peter.
as well as a lot of other folks in the modular scene!
every one of them is cool and mostly timely in their communication, and very friendly.

(there is actually just one manufacturer who has never responded to either of two of my email questions.)
chimologic
Ive had very good experience with Peter as well,

+ Dieter Doepfer, Roger Arrick(synthesizers.com), Paul (motm), Rex at sts(serge) have all gone the extra mile on messages/information about the stuff they make as well.
sgnhh
From what I've seen he gets more crap than he deserves. I've never had any problems ordering with him or communicating with him about modules. Although I did have an issue with my M24 that I hadn't brought to him--I don't think the faceplate was affixed correctly, because the holes didn't line up properly on any of my racks. I had to take a drill to it and make the holes a little wider to compensate. Not a big deal, certainly not enough to return it and have it exchanged.
consumed
chimologic wrote:
Ive had very good experience with Peter as well,

+ Dieter Doepfer, Roger Arrick(synthesizers.com), Paul (motm), Rex at sts(serge) have all gone the extra mile on messages/information about the stuff they make as well.

ive had all positive contact with them, as well as

bruce/modcan
grant/wiard
john/blacet
michael/metalbox
andrew/oozitronics
tony/oakley
scott/bridechamber
seth/bananalogue
jurgen haible
...and probably a couple more i cant think of at the moment.
sandyb
thumbs up for Peter from me too. i had a slight issue with a module and he emails me his home phone number on a sunday to sort it out. as with everyone here - i've had great dealings with lots of the other modular manufacturers too. there's a couple i choose not to deal with mainly because their communication seems to be rubbish.
Muff Wiggler
he's the only one who has never responded to me cry

i've still got one of his modules though
Cybananna
I also have had great experiences with Peter! He's been very helpful and much deserves a pat on the back. His products also deserve one because they are very functional and worth the price. Lastly his team has done a super job stocking Noisebug. It great to have so many of his modules ready to buy and the ELF's aren't far behind.
Cybananna
oh yea, i've never had the opportunity to deal with them about a product, but aren't Suitandtieguy and Harvestman members of this forum? That should put them on the list of good mention too shouldn't it?
consumed
yes! i did forget those two gentlemen.

scott/harvestman was a friendly guy.
and suit n tie guy was friendly and quck with my question.
ken stone/cgs too!

(i knew i forgot a couple.)

the only person ive never contacted (of which i have a module) is cwejman.
Muff Wiggler
Cybananna wrote:
oh yea, i've never had the opportunity to deal with them about a product, but aren't Suitandtieguy and Harvestman members of this forum? That should put them on the list of good mention too shouldn't it?

totally, they are members here, and SUPER helpful.

Another good one is Michael Ford from Metalbox. Always SUPER fast answering emails, also a really helpful member of this forum.

Synthasonic is a member here, also very fast and helpful.

I've both emailed and phoned Grant from Wiard, and he's pretty fast on email, and SUPER FAST on the phone, and he seems to genuinely like talking to people.

And another +1 for John Blacet, answered every question I've ever emailed him, nice and fast - and I've also spoken to him twice on the phone. Sent modules to him for repair as well, SUPER fast service.
D/A A/D
To be fair... This wasn't a post who you think is awesome thread, but Eric from STG is a straight up awesome dude as well!
a100user
+1 for Peter

A top guy who SlayerBadger!
consumed
D/A A/D wrote:
To be fair... This wasn't a post who you think is awesome thread, but Eric from STG is a straight up awesome dude as well!

true but its always good to give props when you're happy--its like a good trader thread for manufacturers, sorta.
D/A A/D
consumed wrote:
D/A A/D wrote:

true but its always good to give props when you're happy--its like a good trader thread for manufacturers, sorta.

We should do that... I'll ask Muff to move it to general and I'll re-title it...
Muff Wiggler
done! good plan 8) thread like this are always a good idea

i moved it to General discussion, D/A A/D, retitle it however you think is good, maybe "experiences with modular companies" or something, and I'll make it a sticky
Muff Wiggler
also, I know that Cyndustries gets shit sometimes for not being responsive or shipping fast or whatever...

anyway, just in my experience, I've emailed her three or four times, and ALWAYS got a helpful reply in a very reasonable time frame. All but one of those emails were before i owned any Cyndustries stuff. The last time was just after I bought my Saw Animator from AH, I emailed her about current draw, and got the answer almost instantly.

Ken Stone has also answered every single email I've ever sent him.
Muff Wiggler
stickied 8)
D/A A/D
I know he isn't a builder or manufacturer but Shawn @ AH is helpful to the max... He have helped me so many times I have lost count, plus he is a super nice dude.
Muff Wiggler
oh yeah, krisp1, who is building AWESOME quality Oakley modules for AWESOME GOOD prices, is also on this forum, and has from my experience the best service you're apt to get.

In fact, I have to say that krisp1 and Metalbox's Michael Ford are tied for the "most insane fast reply speed to emails" that I've yet encountered SlayerBadger! Add Shawn at AH to that list, even though he's not a manufacturer....

also, take it for what it is worth because I'm declaring my bias up front here - as most of you guys know I'm a beta tester with TipTop Audio. So with a grain of salt I cannot speak as a customer, just as a tester. However, the friendliness and vibe of these guys is the BEST i've yet encountered. They remind me of Shawn at AH (another +1 from me on his mention - he offers the BEST service, PERIOD, and has helped me more than anyone else), they are just so excited about what they do and really keen to listen to people, work with them, and help them. I hope more people get to know these guys as they get more module releases out there (they are going to be around for the long haul I think) - my prediction is they will be eventually known as the friendliest and best service around. And just wait to see what's next, oh boy.
Cybananna
All the AH people I have talked to have been extremely helpful.

Chuck at Noisebug has been great too. He's very good to deal with.
a100user
I'd also like to give Krisp1 a thumbs up.

And one day Paul I will have a couple of Journeyman filters from you, just not yet :(
thermionicjunky
I need to echo the compliments to Modcan, Synthesizers.com and STG Soundlabs. One person who has been exceedingly courteous to me, but has a mixed reputation, is Eric Barbour of Metasonix. I think it's a matter of mutual understanding. I prefer people who don't take any shit from anyone.
Muff Wiggler
thermionicjunky wrote:
Eric Barbour of Metasonix. I think it's a matter of mutual understanding. I prefer people who don't take any shit from anyone.

good point, I can't believe i didn't mention him yet.

I always find it surprising when I hear people saying that he has been rude to them.

I have been emailing Eric for a couple of years now. I email him far more often than I should, mostly with questions about tubes and amps that aren't his designs....and very often really stupid questions. Eric has never, ever been rude or anything other than very friendly, very helpful, and very professional. And he always gets back to me really fast. I can't even grasp the amount of stuff I've learned from the info Eric has given me.

I sorta wouldn't be surprised if he was rude to some percentage of people.... I get the feeling he doesn't suffer fools lightly, and I fully understand as I feel the same way, and I also really like people who stand up for themselves and don't take shit. Maybe like thermionicjunky said, perhaps he feels we are similar in that fashion. Whatever reason, he has been extremely generous with his time and advice, and has helped me a great deal. Probably the one manufacturer I've learned the most from.

Of all the guys in the whole scene, he's the one I would most like to hang out with sometime, or buy dinner for. Shawn Cleary is next, then probably STG. For some reason I've always had the impression that I would have a lot in common with STG.
D/A A/D
I think a lot of people where put off my the marketing of the Agonizer, ButtProbe, and to a lesser extent the Scrotum Smasher. I know a few people who were straight up offended by the Agonizer page on the site when it came out.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 1 of 9