MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Dream: ultimate Buchla controller add-on box
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Dream: ultimate Buchla controller add-on box
modularfreak
Just coming back from my daily walk through phantastic snowy nature I decided to ask you about something I am dreaming of for a long time - an ultimate Buchlaesk controller module that should consist of the following functionalities:
- non-centered wheel (like modulation wheel)
- centered wheel (like pitch bend wheel )
- joystick (spring centered)
- joystick (non-spring centered)
- slider(s)
- ten-turn knob(s)

As you will know there are modules from other manufacturers (AS, Wiard etc) around that give us the features and could be "ported" into a Buchla panel or simply used with the 200e but I would highly prefer if someone has the capabilities to built a new (all-in-) one.

I know that Don has given us the 222e but as an old guy (ok not that old ...) I sometimes prefer the above controllers. I had e. g. a lot of fun using the Wiard joysticks!

And yes, I could use any MIDI keyboard (with wheels) and route the MIDI data through a 225e to the final CV destination but I often prefer CV only fun.

What do you think?
don h
The 221, a picture which can be seen at(if I'm doing this right):
http://www.electricmusicbox.com/200series/
There's a pull down menu to view the 221
I maintain addresses much of the above. Note the joystick, the preset pad, but maybe most amazing, the controller sits on top of a slightly flexible frame.
It can wiggle, just a bit.
As it wiggles, there is a lamp, lens, and sensor, that then can produce a corresponding cv for the wiggle.
Excruciating that it itsn't currently made!
About the most physical electronic controller I can think of.
Guidotoons
I'd be happy with a 218e.

Although I would be happier with a 221e!

Good call, Don.

Another old guy here...

Guido
mono-poly
I got an 216 and it's really cool the expression off it.
don h
Guidotoons wrote:

Good call, Don.

Another old guy here...

Guido

Hi Quido!
Yeah, I suppose each added year with the original teeth are to be taken as good ones. Honestly, I haven't quite figured out how to make denial work that well for me, once I figured out best case being nursing home, liquid diets, and the kids taking the car keys away, grim is near about all that's left. In our quest to become tiny little spheres.
But, that also does tend to force in the meanwhile some furious racket making, I'm going to have some more Deltorphin entries appearing up my www.donhassler.com in a bit.
modularfreak
I am still draming about the mentioned controllers:
- non-centered wheel (like modulation wheel)
- centered wheel (like pitch bend wheel )
- joystick (spring centered)
- joystick (non-spring centered)
- slider(s)
- ten-turn knob(s)

- I like wheels (with changing colours) like the AS RS600 module!
- Joystick like the Wiard plus a JAG
- smooooooth looooong sliders for granular control
- EMS style ten-turn knob(s) for granular control as well

I like very, very slowly movements on all 261e controls for example.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1