MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SKETCH - GD.ino - Trigger randomizer for drum patterns
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> nw2s  
Author SKETCH - GD.ino - Trigger randomizer for drum patterns
Jcsveth
Here is my first sketch I used in a recording.
NW2S::b Ghost Drum Sketch
It takes 8 triggers and echoes those to four outputs based on a percentage chance set by the analog in pots.

In the zip file are the files I modified for my use and are needed to remain in the same directory as the .ino file. There is also a small .pdf of instructions. I have simplified the included files for ease of initial use of the unit (I am not a C++ programmer). I will post a short description of them in another post but this in no way is meant to divert anyone from using the included and well thought out framework provided with the unit.

From the .pdf:

This sketch is intended to provide some randomness for drum patterns. Digital outputs one through four provide a variably set length trigger/gate based on triggers presented to the digital inputs one through eight.

Analog ins 1 - 8 determine the chance of a trigger presented at digital ins 1 - 8 being echoed to digital outs 1 - 4 (ins 1-4 are echoed at outs 1-4 respectively and digital ins 5-8 also are echoed on outs 1-4 respectively). Analog input 15 determines the length of the echoed trigger which can be varied from 1ms to 100ms (I used the millis() function and so accuracy is +/- 1ms). The time is displayed on the first ten LEDs of the beat display - the 1st LED indicates a time of roughly 1ms - 9ms, the 2nd LED indicates 10ms - 19ms, etc..

An example use of this might be a snare drum pattern with the snare sound trigger coming from digital output 1. In an eight beat pattern with the kick programmed on 1 and 5, you might have the snare pattern of 3 and 7 feeding into digital input 1 with the random amount set fully clockwise (100%) so those hits are always echoed to digital output 1. You might then want a 'ghost' hit on 4 and 7 with the random amount set low so those snare hits happen maybe once in every three measures. I like using this to provide a little variety with repeating patterns.

J.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> nw2s  
Page 1 of 1