MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Ardcore sketch: CV keyboard remapper / custom quantizer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX  
Author Ardcore sketch: CV keyboard remapper / custom quantizer
soundwave106
Attached is a sketch that allows you to map the output from a CV keyboard, MIDI keyboard through a converter, or a quantized value of any sort, into whatever you want.

(Another way of looking at this is as a custom quantizer. This sketch quantizes the input and then outputs whatever value you map to the quantized slot.)

I made this sketch so that my keyboard could control the exact position of a MI Frames; there are other applications I can think of here too.

Sketch installation notes: This sketch contains two files, both must be in the same folder.

Controls:
A0: Mode. Left = RECORD MODE. Right = PLAYBACK MODE
A1: Save mappings to Ardcore memory
A2: Keyboard input
A3: Input voltage

D0, D1: Will trigger on quantized input note change
DAC: Output voltage

Standard Usage (as an example):
To set up the mapping, turn A0 all the way to the left. Connect a keyboard to A2 input and turn the A2 potentiometer up all the way.

Connect the DAC output to your target.

Press the key you wish to remap on your keyboard.

You will use the A3 input to dial the desired voltage level. The A3 input voltage is outputted on the DAC output as well, which allows you to verify the mapping on the target.

Use the A3 knob without anything plugged in to dial the voltage in. (Alternatively, you can also plug in a desired external voltage into A3 if you want.)

Repeat the process for any other key you want remapped.

Turn A0 to the right; this activates PLAYBACK mode. No new voltages will be recorded. You can now use your keyboard to control your target, pressing the key you mapped should output the mapped voltage

This mapping can be saved into the Ardcore's memory. To do so, turn A1 all the way to the left, then all the way to the right. The sketch will save the mapped data to memory (D0 and D1 will alternate flashing for a little bit in order to indicate the data has been written.)

Saved patterns are loaded whenever you power up or reset the Ardcore in *playback mode* (A0 all the way to the right).

Enjoy. smile
bunnycat
Thank you so much for writing this and sharing it - I've been looking for something to create custom micro tunings by ear (or with a scope) and this is perfect!
loss1234
Very cool!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX  
Page 1 of 1