MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SeaDevil 'tuning'
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> STG Soundlabs  
Author SeaDevil 'tuning'
EMwhite
I assume the SeaDevil filter, though originally a YuSynth design, is tuned for 10Vpp waveforms; if not, please let me know.

Under the premise that I am using a 5Vpp Oscillator or worse, a 1.5Vpp OSC, what would I need to change in order to preserve the same filter dynamics. Is there a trim pot that should be tweaked and if so which and how or is there a component or two that can be swapped out?

On YuSynth's site he mentions that the Filter can be modified to support lower powered Oscillators but no other details and I've attempted to reach out to him but have not gotten a response.

Anybody know?
suitandtieguy
boost the signal going in?

it's definitely optimised for loud-ass 10v p-p waveforms from the Synthesizers.com Q106.

what do you want to send into it?
EMwhite
suitandtieguy wrote:
boost the signal going in?

it's definitely optimised for loud-ass 10v p-p waveforms from the Synthesizers.com Q106.

what do you want to send into it?

a 5Vpp MOS-LAB 921b... but at a later date, a 1.5Vpp MOS-LAB 921b.

Sebastien has announced that he will be making all 921 OSC with 1.5V output but my initial pair is the original [an amplified as compared to the original Moog] 5Vpp. I assume he did this because of the release of his 901 clone.

For now, my set of 3 will be left at 5V but I plan on reversing back to the faithful Moog spec since my 904a,b,c set is expecting that.

Can do mix/boost for now but since YuSynth mentioned it on his page, I wondered if your design was such that it could easily be tweaked either with a few component replacements or a trimpot that might be onboard (I just acquired the SeaDevil from BST and have yet to receive it).

Thanks you.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> STG Soundlabs  
Page 1 of 1