Starts of droney...

A place to post links to your music, upload tracks and promote yourself.

Moderators: ignatius, Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

Kent
Large Member

Starts of droney...

Post by Kent » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:53 am

Hello all,

This is my first time throwing up some choons... well, this is less of a 'tune' and more of a 'making a drone, running out of patience, and then playing with stuff'. I was somewhat inspired by sandyb's drone of about a week ago.

Signal Flow: Make Noise Music's Electronic Music Box #4 http://www.makenoisemusic.com/emb4.html into the loverly Moogerfooger MuRF (mostly for stereo outputs) and then I play with the MuRF a bit due to my short attention span. Then it goes straight into the DI inputs of my Mackie Onyx 1200F. 2 boxes 1 interface <- catch the reference?

Check 'er out: http://upload.muffwiggler.com/Kent/DroneEMB4.mp3

sandyb

Post by sandyb » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:36 am

very nice Kent. i especially like the start - sounds like a load of buddha's chanting.
my trick for not tweaking too much:
- start modular droning
- walk out of room
- come back ten minutes later
- tweak slightly
- walk out of room
- repeat until bored.

sandy

Kent
Large Member

Post by Kent » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:09 pm

Hmmm... I just listened to the file and it seems that there are a lot of clicks and crackles in the file... damn... didn't hear 'em before. My apologies.

Thanks for the accolades, sandy. Much appreciated.

sandyb

Post by sandyb » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:37 pm

Kent wrote:Hmmm... I just listened to the file and it seems that there are a lot of clicks and crackles in the file... damn... didn't hear 'em before. My apologies.

Thanks for the accolades, sandy. Much appreciated.
clicks and crackles sound good in drones - leave them in!

Return to “Your Tunes Here”