MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The modules that should exist (but don't)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next [all]
Author The modules that should exist (but don't)
stike
A module that prints money - with CV controls for nationality and denomination.
tonepanic
maudibe wrote:
A simple request.

A *simple* high quality panning mixer, 8 inputs with pan, two outputs with level control. Not cv controlled, no auxys. Just a simple mixer, preferably with a small hp size. Even if it means using mini pots.

Function, to allow you to easily work with 8 mono sources and place them in stereo for a 'global' out put for your rig.

I am currently using a MFB Drum-98 to do this... but I reckon it could be better.

The big toys like the dub mix are excellent, but hugely expensive once expanded to do the full monty. And also very BIG


+1. I really want a simple panning mixer to use as a sub-mix before my DAW. I don't care about aux sends, but it would be really nice to have CV control over levels. I'm considering dubmix, but some of the features seem overkill, and it's only 4 channels.

Another idea I had the other day which is dead simple (I will probably end up DIY-ing it myself at some point), is a set of attenuators with a large amount of attenuation, for fine grained control. Maybe fully clockwise would give 1/10 attenuation. Especially with pitch modulation, it is sometimes hard to dial in exactly what I want, and I end up using 2 attenuators in series, which eats up my existing attenuators.
morekid
ha! I could totally use a 4hp 'keyboard' module with, say, 1 and half octave.

Would make for a quick and dirty note trigger, been looking for something like it in the last days.
sloth713
morekid wrote:
ha! I could totally use a 4hp 'keyboard' module with, say, 1 and half octave.

Would make for a quick and dirty note trigger, been looking for something like it in the last days.


Welcome to Muffwiggler! nanners

Check out the Soundmachines LS1lightstrip or Pulplogic Ribbon. They may not be exactly what you are looking for but they should be able to fulfill your needs.
duck1887
maudibe wrote:
A simple request.

A *simple* high quality panning mixer, 8 inputs with pan, two outputs with level control. Not cv controlled, no auxys. Just a simple mixer, preferably with a small hp size. Even if it means using mini pots.

Function, to allow you to easily work with 8 mono sources and place them in stereo for a 'global' out put for your rig.

I am currently using a MFB Drum-98 to do this... but I reckon it could be better.

The big toys like the dub mix are excellent, but hugely expensive once expanded to do the full monty. And also very BIG


This sounds like the Circuit Abbey Unify + Expander, which gives you 8 channels panned (no CV, no aux) @ 20hp/$400 total, which isn't SO bad. Still, mini pots would be a small price to pay on a hypothetical 10hp/$200 guy which does the same thing.
acidbob
All modules d'oh!
numan7
JohnLRice wrote:
I don't see why a 4 input 4 output VC panner wouldn't work! thumbs up

At zero CV in:
input 1 is in output 1 100%
input 2 is in output 2 100%
input 3 is in output 3 100%
input 4 is in output 4 100%

As positive voltage increases the input is panned to the next highest numbered output, say for argument's sake 1 volt per full shift to the next step. Negative voltage might pan in the opposite direction.

The tricky part may be getting inputs to pan from output 4 to output 1?


hmmm..... well, this set-up:



....could be patched to do just that (so there you go!) -- and the VCAM can be purchased in kit form....

I'd really love to see someone like sduck's or SSL's take on combining the above (i.e. hard-wiring the A-144 MC outputs into the VCAMatrix cv-inputs, removing or hiding all the VCAM mini-pots, adapting voltages, etc) into a quad vc-pannning matrix!!!!

cheers
euromorcego
Quote:
I could totally use a 4hp 'keyboard' module with, say, 1 and half octave.

CGS has one, but DIY and not 4hp. The circuit looks pretty simple:

http://www.cgs.synth.net/modules/cgs10_pedal.html

but i agree, a lightstrip, and attenuator and a quantizer will get you close.
maudibe
Yea, for the mixer, I wouldn't mind the mini pots...because the way I see it is not so much as a wiggling thing... but more as a utility just to get your complex patch into the DAW with some stereo feel to it.

But nice clean quality is a must with plenty of headroom.

Please do this builders. Auxys and more channels could always be in the expander modules.

I'd even buy it in a kit with a front panel. Quite capable of building my own from scratch, but to get it looking pro with a proper panel could be expensive for the scratch builder.
evs
numan7 wrote:

....could be patched to do just that (so there you go!) -- and the VCAM can be purchased in kit form....
cheers


the vcam can be purchased in kit form? are you sure?
lego
I'd love a simple quad LFO with attenuators, mostly to subtly FM VCOs for pitch vibrato.

Some of my VCOs don't have attenuators on their FM ins, and some are so sensitive they need external attenuation anyway. I end up using overpowered LFOs and lots of attenuators just to impart a little animation to waveforms. Seems like it would be a simple module: 4 rate pots, 4 attenuator pots, 4 outputs.

Anyone know of such a module, should I consider DIY, or should I just buy moar LFOs and attenuators?
stillmonk
Quote:
I'd love a simple quad LFO with attenuators, mostly to subtly FM VCOs for pitch vibrato.

Some of my VCOs don't have attenuators on their FM ins, and some are so sensitive they need external attenuation anyway. I end up using overpowered LFOs and lots of attenuators just to impart a little animation to waveforms. Seems like it would be a simple module: 4 rate pots, 4 attenuator pots, 4 outputs.

Anyone know of such a module, should I consider DIY, or should I just buy moar LFOs and attenuators?



Not simple, but phenominal... Modcan Quad LFO!!! we're not worthy ModCan!
Daisuk
maudibe wrote:
A simple request.

A *simple* high quality panning mixer, 8 inputs with pan, two outputs with level control. Not cv controlled, no auxys. Just a simple mixer, preferably with a small hp size. Even if it means using mini pots.

Function, to allow you to easily work with 8 mono sources and place them in stereo for a 'global' out put for your rig.

I am currently using a MFB Drum-98 to do this... but I reckon it could be better.

The big toys like the dub mix are excellent, but hugely expensive once expanded to do the full monty. And also very BIG


I'd be all over that too. CV control would be a bonus, but not necessary. 8 inputs with pan control and stereo out, as few HP as possible, damn, that would be a great one.
lego
stillmonk wrote:
Not simple, but phenominal... Modcan Quad LFO!!! we're not worthy ModCan!


I've got one and love it, but it sure feels like overkill to use all that power just for a little vibrato / animation across some VCOs. I typically reserve the Modcan for more complex and interesting duties.
tonepanic
duck1887 wrote:
This sounds like the Circuit Abbey Unify + Expander, which gives you 8 channels panned (no CV, no aux) @ 20hp/$400 total, which isn't SO bad. Still, mini pots would be a small price to pay on a hypothetical 10hp/$200 guy which does the same thing.


Thanks for pointing this out, somehow I completely missed this guy when I was looking for panning mixers. For my purposes, I think I will consider Unify plus a Linix, which is nice because the Linix would add additional flexibility to the setup.
daverj
duck1887 wrote:
maudibe wrote:
A simple request.

A *simple* high quality panning mixer, 8 inputs with pan, two outputs with level control. Not cv controlled, no auxys. Just a simple mixer, preferably with a small hp size. Even if it means using mini pots.

Function, to allow you to easily work with 8 mono sources and place them in stereo for a 'global' out put for your rig.

I am currently using a MFB Drum-98 to do this... but I reckon it could be better.

The big toys like the dub mix are excellent, but hugely expensive once expanded to do the full monty. And also very BIG


This sounds like the Circuit Abbey Unify + Expander, which gives you 8 channels panned (no CV, no aux) @ 20hp/$400 total, which isn't SO bad. Still, mini pots would be a small price to pay on a hypothetical 10hp/$200 guy which does the same thing.


Changing from regular pots to mini pots and a narrower panel won't cut the price of the module in half, assuming the circuitry inside is still the same. In fact it makes it harder to manufacture, so the price would probably be a bit higher, not lower.
euromorcego
Quote:
I'd love a simple quad LFO with attenuators

what is wrong with the doepfer A-143-3 http://www.modulargrid.net/e/doepfer-a-143-3 ?
A few attenuators should be easy to add.

Otherwise, there are plenty of simple simple lfo available:
The triples (but mostly as DIY kit, I think): http://www.modulargrid.net/e/d-machinery-triples
EMW from Brasil: http://www.modulargrid.net/e/emw-lfo-3x-tri
and a favorite of mine: http://www.modulargrid.net/e/eowave-zone-b-f

The eowave is digital, so not at smooth (and 5hp, so two of them would be 10hp). But each of them is rather low-cost, at least dual, and you can always add an attenuator. Also Pittsburgh has a simple dual LFO. Barton Musical Circuits has a pcb for a dual lfo. Plenty of options to choose from ...
euromorcego
Quote:
A *simple* high quality panning mixer, 8 inputs with pan, two outputs with level control. Not cv controlled, no auxys. Just a simple mixer, preferably with a small hp size. Even if it means using mini pots.

actually a rather simple circuit. I just did the fonik dc mixer and was surprised how few parts are needed. A stereo mixer would be a bit more parts, but not much.
Maybe someone from the diy section can make a pcb wink Something like the midi micro mixer, whis is tiny, but useful.
lego
Thanks for the DIY tips Euro. I'll probably end up with a couple of the dual Pitts and one of their mixers for attenuation.

euromorcego wrote:
Quote:
I'd love a simple quad LFO with attenuators

what is wrong with the doepfer A-143-3 http://www.modulargrid.net/e/doepfer-a-143-3 ?
A few attenuators should be easy to add.

Otherwise, there are plenty of simple simple lfo available:
The triples (but mostly as DIY kit, I think): http://www.modulargrid.net/e/d-machinery-triples
EMW from Brasil: http://www.modulargrid.net/e/emw-lfo-3x-tri
and a favorite of mine: http://www.modulargrid.net/e/eowave-zone-b-f

The eowave is digital, so not at smooth (and 5hp, so two of them would be 10hp). But each of them is rather low-cost, at least dual, and you can always add an attenuator. Also Pittsburgh has a simple dual LFO. Barton Musical Circuits has a pcb for a dual lfo. Plenty of options to choose from ...
mckenic
Stereo, 44.1kHz, 16bit, 10 second live sampler with SD card for optional playback of loaded wav/aiff files.

A Laser Oscilloscope and the monitoring module to send sound to it (like the one Richard had in that Tokyo Festival live performance).
stillmonk
lego wrote:
stillmonk wrote:
Not simple, but phenominal... Modcan Quad LFO!!! we're not worthy ModCan!


I've got one and love it, but it sure feels like overkill to use all that power just for a little vibrato / animation across some VCOs. I typically reserve the Modcan for more complex and interesting duties.


Definitely overkill! I just think more people should check the module out so I try to recommend it for a ton of different things thumbs up
Funky40
mckenic wrote:
Stereo, 44.1kHz, 16bit, 10 second live sampler with SD card for optional playback of loaded wav/aiff files.

A Laser Oscilloscope and the monitoring module to send sound to it (like the one Richard had in that Tokyo Festival live performance).


my wishes too

make the sampler 16 seconds,
add a fine tune for loop start point and lenght/end point.
has to be able to speed up original speed recording, ........so probably go 96khz
Record by hitting one button, nothing else / no arm or other crappy behavior that would gets one thinking first bevore one could operate.
......a "good" record button with very defined action / click point


i take the laser too, thanks !
needs to be able to send the projection over the street into my neighbours appartment without damaging any eyes lol ..........i´m joking
malnatim
maybe this is unfeasible, but i've been wondering about the idea of a cassette tape delay module.
pcb, kit and instructions. you supply the old walkmans and cut your own tape loops.
komyta
I'd love to see something like a 6 channel 16 bits - 44.1 kHz sample player :
- the samples would be read from an SD card
- each channel would have its own trigger input and audio output
- 8 HP width

hihi
a100user
lego wrote:
I'd love a simple quad LFO with attenuators, mostly to subtly FM VCOs for pitch vibrato.

Some of my VCOs don't have attenuators on their FM ins, and some are so sensitive they need external attenuation anyway. I end up using overpowered LFOs and lots of attenuators just to impart a little animation to waveforms. Seems like it would be a simple module: 4 rate pots, 4 attenuator pots, 4 outputs.

Anyone know of such a module, should I consider DIY, or should I just buy moar LFOs and attenuators?


Try this one http://www.doepfer.de/a1434.htm when it becomes available.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next [all]
Page 2 of 26
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group