MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The modules that should exist (but don't)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next [all]
Author The modules that should exist (but don't)
Nuuj
Not hard to DIY, but someone should make a high quality 2hp, 4 channel, static high pass filter, that removes just the sub audio frequencies.
komyta
Nuuj wrote:
Not hard to DIY, but someone should make a high quality 2hp, 4 channel, static high pass filter, that removes just the sub audio frequencies.

I'm with you, such a module would be much appreciated.

What filter slope would you suggest ?
Maybe 18dB/oct, like the Low Cut filters on Mackie mixers ?
malnatim
Nuuj wrote:

yes please!
os
Nuuj wrote:

That's what the loudspeakers are for wink
Nuuj
os wrote:
Nuuj wrote:

Yeah it always happens in the end, but often audio sounds better if you do it on purpose.
I have Earthworks Mics which record sub-audio and recordings from some rooms instantly sound much better when I remove the sub audio.

I would guess that some signals might sound better, or at least different, through some filters, if the source material had sub audio removed first.
milkshake
Nuuj wrote:
os wrote:
Nuuj wrote:

Yeah it always happens in the end, but often audio sounds better if you do it on purpose.
I have Earthworks Mics which record sub-audio and recordings from some rooms instantly sound much better when I remove the sub audio.

I would guess that some signals might sound better, or at least different, through some filters, if the source material had sub audio removed first.

Just use a highpass filter.
If you don't have a highpass filter, patch one by subtracting a lowpass filter from its input.
Or make a passive highpass filter by inserting a capacitor in the signal path. The A-180 is great for this.
Nuuj
milkshake wrote:
Nuuj wrote:
os wrote:
Nuuj wrote:

Just use a highpass filter.
If you don't have a highpass filter, patch one by subtracting a lowpass filter from its input.
Or make a passive highpass filter by inserting a capacitor in the signal path. The A-180 is great for this.

Yeah there is no shortage of ways to do this, but a simple 2hp module would be great.
komyta
Nuuj wrote:

I've experiencd that cutting most of the content below 25 Hz or even 50 Hz made the mix sound somewhat clearer in a live PA system, without removing what I did not want to.
For next shows I'd like to experiment futher, with a higher low cut frequency, but this won't happen before a few months...

I'm thinking about a module with a switch for selecting the low cut frequency. Maybe 25, 50 and 75 Hz could be nice.
komyta
Nuuj wrote:
Yeah there is no shortage of ways to do this, but a simple 2hp module would be great.

Or something like a two channel 4HP module with switches. hihi

As I usually have between 2 and 4 voices running at the same time, I'd like to be able to add this low cut feature in my rack without using "standard" VCFs.
ETP
that static hp filter would be great. my a-101-2 kills my speakers.
but the sampler idea is great too. i mean the zoom h1 is not bigger than 8 hp.
i would add gate ins for rec and erase and play and pause. and a vc in to address 16 samples.
Nantonos
tonepanic wrote:

I really want a simple panning mixer to use as a sub-mix before my DAW. I don't care about aux sends, but it would be really nice to have CV control over levels. I'm considering dubmix, but some of the features seem overkill, and it's only 4 channels.

So, like the L-1 VC Stereo Mixer but 8 instead of 4 channels?
Nantonos
a100user wrote:
lego wrote:
I'd love a simple quad LFO with attenuators, mostly to subtly FM VCOs for pitch vibrato.

Seems like it would be a simple module: 4 rate pots, 4 attenuator pots, 4 outputs.

Try this one http://www.doepfer.de/a1434.htm when it becomes available.

The requirements were a simple quad LFO with manual rate and attenuators; and you suggest a quad VCo/VC LFO with no attenuators and 22HP?
flashheart
I love how people thunk making things smaller and half the panel width makes them automatically cheaper. eek! Can I have a simple 8 channel mixer with pans in 10HP seriously, i just don't get it
wellurban
Nuuj wrote:

Something like Navs' quad passive slew (http://navsmodularlab.blogspot.co.nz/2010/07/diy-quad-slew.html), but wired as HPFs rather than LPF, and starting with a 2hp mult rather than a 4hp one? Definitely simple to DIY, but I can imagine a market for something like this if it's cheap enough.

Or rather than 4 the same, a 2hp passive utility module with one AC-coupler like you're after, a slew/click-remover like Navs', and a couple of passive gate-to trigger units with different trigger lengths. Easy, compact, and handy.
matttech
ultimate noise module:

1 - analog noise
2 - digital noise
3 - clock input (for creating random gates from digital noise)
4 - 1v/oct input - for producing pitched noise

similar things exist, but nothing in a small format, with both analog and digital noise
euromorcego
since i just posted in the diy section: one module that should exist but doesn't is definitely a cv distributor, as simple utility.

typically i want to distribute a cv to multiple destinations, usually in at least one unmodified form and 1-2 attenuated (think of pitch cv going to an osc, and also filter and also modulates decay time of an envelope).

Since manufactures increasingly go for minimal hp, inputs with attenuators are often not plenty.

so I would like to plug the cv into a cv-distributor, and get a buffered mult, a copy with attenuator, and maybe on with attenuator.

here is a (primitive and unskilled) mockup:

left version is probably to large. Right version would be 6hp and would take 2 inputs and distribute each to one mult, one attenuator, one attenuverter.
I thought making the whole thing entirely passive (with teo attenuators, or using a fink chicklet for the attenuator, and the rest passive). I know that I can do the whole thing with individual modules, but to have basically a multiply with built-in attenuator would simplify things a bit (sometimes).

see also: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1608126
Summa
have you tried the Intellijel Triatt? does all the above or am I missing something?
euromorcego
Quote:
have you tried the Intellijel Triatt? does all the above or am I missing something?

No, the Triatt does nothing like this. The triatt is a triple attenuverter. It has one input and one output per channel. It does not distribute anything.

It would be different if the inputs were normaled to each other, so that a CV plugged into channel one is available at all three output in different (attenverted) strength.

But this is not what the triatt does. The essential thing are one input and multiple outputs.

Of course it can be done with available modules (I do all the time), but it would be neat in a single utility module.

edit: i meant 'available modules', not models. wink
MRoyce
euromorcego wrote:
Quote:

No, the Triatt does nothing like this. The triatt is a triple attenuverter. It has one input and one output per channel. It does not distribute anything.

It would be different if the inputs were normaled to each other, so that a CV plugged into channel one is available at all three output in different (attenverted) strength.

But this is not what the triatt does. The essential thing are one input and multiple outputs.

Of course it can be done with available models (I do all the time), but it would be neat in a single utility module.

Wouldn't a matrix mixer do all of that?
Summa
euromorcego wrote:

well, it is not only a attenuverter, it attenuates, inverts and generate DC with nothing plugged in and sums all channels to one if need be, just to make things clear to others. But yeah, I get your point with your proposed module.
euromorcego
Quote:

yes and no. Or, rather: yes, but very poorly at the expense of a lot hp.

A typical matrix mixer has 4 input (let's say), these are mixed to 4 outputs. So if I want to distribute one CV source to 4 destinations I can do so with a matrix mixer.

But if I add another CV, the output will either be a mix of both cv, or i just have two channels for each input. I cannot distribute the second input to another 4 outputs independently.

And this is what I want: one input is replicated 3-4 times, with the option to attenuate/attenuvert. So for each input, there must be at least 3-4 individual outputs. This is not what a matrix mixer is good for.
visible cow
I would like to see a switch module that would work with pairs of 1v/octave cv and gates. Does that make sense? Something like a mutinator but each switch would turn a gate AND cv source on or off. CV control would also be rad.
ben_hex
More simple EQs. You can get cheap guitar pedal graphic EQs, still surprised to not see some slapped behind a panel.

... I have a feeling they're coming though.
tonepanic
ben_hex wrote:
More simple EQs. You can get cheap guitar pedal graphic EQs, still surprised to not see some slapped behind a panel.

... I have a feeling they're coming though.

+1. I end up doing all my EQ with VSTs, but I'd love to have some more shaping options available at my fingertips while patching, especially for more drastic changes where the EQ becomes part of the sound design. Doesn't need to be "boutique"...
MRoyce
euromorcego wrote:
Quote:

yes and no. Or, rather: yes, but very poorly at the expense of a lot hp.

A typical matrix mixer has 4 input (let's say), these are mixed to 4 outputs. So if I want to distribute one CV source to 4 destinations I can do so with a matrix mixer.

But if I add another CV, the output will either be a mix of both cv, or i just have two channels for each input. I cannot distribute the second input to another 4 outputs independently.

And this is what I want: one input is replicated 3-4 times, with the option to attenuate/attenuvert. So for each input, there must be at least 3-4 individual outputs. This is not what a matrix mixer is good for.

Gotcha, I like this idea a lot, actually. Basically a 1 to 4 bipolar multiplexer. I'm wondering if this isn't fairly simple to do DIY? It could be done completely passive if it doesn't need to be bipolar, I think, a mult with an attenuators on each output.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next [all]
Page 3 of 26