MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Bananalogue?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Bananalogue?
Chuck E. Jesus
Ok, so i get a letter that says i'm getting my economic incentive check or whatever it's called this week, so i thought i'd possibly get a mod...there are many mods i'd like but it's difficult to actually say i need anything...i figure the VCS would probably add the most function, but it seems they aren't in production anymore...i emailed Shawn at AH and he was pretty cryptic, only said it would be awhile and they'd post on the AH site when there's more info...anyone have the scoop what's up with Bananalogue? i suppose i could put out some feelers for the VCS but i don't see them pop up used very often and not sure what is a fair price (seeing how rare they are)....

tis kind of a bummer....hell, i might just build a deck for my camper instead....
consumed
considering the negative reaction that manufacturers get when they promise and dont deliver, (i imagine) its probably better (for everyone) to keep the lid on it until product is actually in stock and ready to go. i know seth intends to continue and even grow bananalogue, so if you're really hoping for a VCS you should hang onto your cash and wait.
Muff Wiggler
consumed wrote:
i know seth intends to continue and even grow bananalogue, so if you're really hoping for a VCS you should hang onto your cash and wait.

yep, from what I've seen that's the deal. there will be more Bananalogue production in the future.

But there's no telling on when that future will be, no commitment at all. Some day, they will be out, and it could be any amount of time.

And I think that's all the info there ever will be, some day we will just be surprised when they are available.

Sorry Ross, I would say if you can't find a used one, either put the money aside, forget about it 'till the VCS pops up, or find something different.

I set aside Zeroscillator funds for three months once...then gave up on it. I've got $300 tied up on a 2-3 year wait for a custom guitar....just basically have forgotten about the money...some day in a few years I'll get the email..

so I guess you have to choose if you want the VCS bad enough to tie up a couple hundred dollars for perhaps many months (at least a used one will appear in this timeframe) or find something else.

Seems like that strategy is required for a few modules these days.... Time Machine, VCS, probably AFG's at some point......
Chuck E. Jesus
Muff Wiggler wrote:
consumed wrote:
i know seth intends to continue and even grow bananalogue, so if you're really hoping for a VCS you should hang onto your cash and wait.

yep, from what I've seen that's the deal. there will be more Bananalogue production in the future.

But there's no telling on when that future will be, no commitment at all. Some day, they will be out, and it could be any amount of time.

And I think that's all the info there ever will be, some day we will just be surprised when they are available.

Sorry Ross, I would say if you can't find a used one, either put the money aside, forget about it 'till the VCS pops up, or find something different.

well, it's good to hear they will be back in the future, i'm in no rush...i think i may pre-order a Plan B Wave Splicer in the meantime, it will give me something to look forward to w00t

Muff, let me ask you something about the VCS now that i have your attention: using it as an osc, can it sweep from sub audio to audio rate? how do control the pitch?
Muff Wiggler
ross g wrote:
using it as an osc, can it sweep from sub audio to audio rate?

yep

ross g wrote:
how do control the pitch?

v/Oct signal into the "Exp CV" jack 8)
Chuck E. Jesus
Muff Wiggler wrote:
ross g wrote:
using it as an osc, can it sweep from sub audio to audio rate?

yep

ross g wrote:
cool! one thing i reall ydug about the Plan B osc...

ross g wrote:
how do control the pitch?

v/Oct signal into the "Exp CV" jack 8)

sorry, i wasn't clear: how do you sweep the pitch from the mod itself?

i decided to send Bananalogue an email, i figured it wouldn't hurt...the more i think about it, the more uses i can think of hihi
Muff Wiggler
ross g wrote:

ah, no problem

the rise knob controls how fast the waveform climbs, the fall knob controls how fast it drops

together the two knobs can act as a tuning control.....

a little odd if you are used to tuning VCOs with one knob, but it works 8)
flts
From what I gather from mailing Seth (and getting one reply) is exactly what Muff said - more modules will most probably be manufactured unless some unforeseen things happen, but there's no timeframe whatsoever and we probably aren't going to hear about it until they start working on the next batch or something.

I'll add the Livewire Vulcan & Dalek modulators to the particular strategy list - I'm pretty sure getting those is kind of impossible unless you're extremely lucky with the used market (the demand is big and the supply isn't), or just put the money aside and are patient maybe for a year or two. Which still sucks 'cause I was planning to get both Vulcan AND VCS very frustrating

(I still hope my AFG and ELF LFO + Wave Splicer arrive some day, seems like everything I want or have ordered is either preorder stuff or not available d'oh! )
Kwote
they're easier to find in frac format for some reason. i got both of mine almost back to back.

totally by chance.

a fair price would be somewhere around the ballpark of what they go for at Analogue Haven. spot on or a bit below depending.
flts
Yeah, lots of the most interesting Euro stuff is hard to find - it seems easier with Frac by average. And like everything else, the VCS is damn expensive in EU in case you actually find one around here...

I just mailed the German music store someone referred at some point, and asked if they actually have any in stock - from what I can see, it's 1) goddamn expensive but 2) in line with every other European modular store out there. I'm pretty sure they're just one of the stores that advertise they have anything, and then actually need a month's wait to get some of the items, if they even can get them in the end.

To give an idea, the normal price of VCS around here seems to have been 225 euros which is about 350 US dollars at the current exchange rate. Polivoks VCF is 189 euros at Schneider's, which translates to about 300 USD. In addition, I'm pretty sure I earn less than most of you guys in here, even with the current value of dollar / euro, so no wonder I'm really succeeding in keeping my system small hihi
Chuck E. Jesus
Muff Wiggler wrote:
ross g wrote:

ah, no problem

the rise knob controls how fast the waveform climbs, the fall knob controls how fast it drops

together the two knobs can act as a tuning control.....

a little odd if you are used to tuning VCOs with one knob, but it works 8)

looking at the front panel i figured it was something like that...

(ok, i better think about something else now hihi)
chimologic
[quote="Muff Wiggler"]

I set aside Zeroscillator funds for three months once...then gave up on it. I've got $300 tied up on a 2-3 year wait for a custom guitar....just basically have forgotten about the money...some day in a few years I'll get the email..

/quote]

Zero oscilaltors are available from cyndustries, the problem is that you have to put the money down and then wait and check with them periodically to see where things are.

I got my first one on the first batch (.com format) and it took a LONG time but apparently things are much faster now and I been considering getting a Euro one, is my favorite oscillator....
tragedybysyntax
Looks amazing in euro too doesnt it? that zo.......... man. 995 eh? I don't know if i'd rather stick one of those in my euro or start off my buchla 200e with one of theirs =o
D/A A/D
oh vcs... how i want thee...
Muff Wiggler
chimologic wrote:
Zero oscilaltors are available from cyndustries, the problem is that you have to put the money down and then wait and check with them periodically to see where things are.

I got my first one on the first batch (.com format) and it took a LONG time but apparently things are much faster now and I been considering getting a Euro one, is my favorite oscillator....

yeah i know i can always pay cyndustries and wait

if i could drop a percentage deposit i would, but I'm not going to tie up $1000 for possibly a year or possibly longer or possibly no-one knows

and i know for some people that's not a problem to do, and so that's cool for them and for Cynthia, no problem, I'm not complaining smile I just can't really do that sort of move personally oops

hopefully the next time AH gets a batch I'll have money in hand, unlikely though
Chuck E. Jesus
been messing about with some Doepfer mods, seems i can do most of the stuff the VCS can do for the most part...i'm going to add the jacks for the A-170 Slew Limiter to provide voltage control via the A-101-9 Vactrol mod (might get another and add VC to everything eek! ) , that will give lots more flex...as far being able to sweep from sub to audio, i still have a Plan B osc on my next year wish list...i still want a VCS, but i believe i can wait patiently now hihi

thanks for replies....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1