The Award for Best Girlfriend of the Year goes to...

Discussions and information relating to the upcoming Modular Synthesizer Documentary.

Moderators: Kent, scribble744, s o l v e n t

supersounddesign
Wiggling with Experience

The Award for Best Girlfriend of the Year goes to...

Post by supersounddesign » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:15 am

So last weekend, Maleko's Ritzy Sheens was in town. He caught wind of some of my video work on Facebook and wanted to check out the synths, (LZX and Synthi A). My girlfriend who was out at the time came home to a mesmerizing display of scrolling geometry and Fuzzy distorted bursts of color. She was entranced. She started asking questions about the synth, "I just don't get it! How is this happening?" We both tried to explain it to her but she had partied a little hard that night and was not grasping some of the concepts :guinness:

Anyway I am sitting at work a few days later and she sends me a link on IM that shows IDOW is playing in downtown Los Angeles and if I want to go she will buy tickets. So we went last night, just in time as tonight is the final Los Angeles screening. We BOTH loved the film. She told me after Saturday she was researching analog modular synthesizers and after descending through many levels of google, stumbled upon IDOW.

Gotta say, no complaints from me. I loved it and it actually was a perfect way to introduce and educate my girlfriend about something I love. She loved how everyone in the film kept saying "I don't know what its doing exactly"...or "I don't know what I'm doing .." but the results were always fun and interesting.
We had a long discussion about the film afterward which ended with her confessing, "I don't know what to do with it, but I want one now".

Thank you IDOW!!!!!!!!!

:woah: :party: :sb: :hyper: :love: :banana: :nana: :bananaguitar: :bacon:

Microscopial
"stripes!!!" what me mmmm

Post by Microscopial » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:35 am

word :yay:
lamond design
"working with wood"

email/ lamonddesign@gmail.com
flickr/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/59671775@N03/
twitter/ lamonddesign http://twitter.com/#!/
facebook/ ross lamond http://www.facebook.com/ross.lamond1 or follow the lamonddesign page
website/ www.lamonddesign.co.uk

s o l v e n t
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by s o l v e n t » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:36 pm

This is really great! Can I have your permission to post it on IDOW's Facebook page? No problem if not, but would be cool if you wouldn't mind letting me... Please let me know!

supersounddesign
Wiggling with Experience

Post by supersounddesign » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:43 pm

s o l v e n t wrote:This is really great! Can I have your permission to post it on IDOW's Facebook page? No problem if not, but would be cool if you wouldn't mind letting me... Please let me know!
Go for it! :)
:tu:

ignatius
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ignatius » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:29 pm

:yay: :yay:

awesome. sweet story. it'll be fun for you two to share the synth love.

thundermouse
Wiggling with Experience

Post by thundermouse » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:46 pm

:loves: :loves: :loves: :loves: :loves: :sb:
WTB: the world a Coke.

punkerdood
Common Wiggler

Love it

Post by punkerdood » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:45 pm

Love it

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:47 pm