MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[IN STOCK] Buchla 208 PCB kits
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author [IN STOCK] Buchla 208 PCB kits
roman_f
the preorder for 208 PCBs / 1/2 of a vintage Music Easel

I’ve bought the original vintage Easel and started cloning it card by card. I’ve used Topor software to trace it exactly the same as original with curved traces at the same places. i've added all the mistakes corrections found on real pcbs, so you do not have to put any flying resistors and trace cuts.

as i’ve finished with the cards - i’ve installed them into original easel and compared with originals - all works and sounds exactly the same as original vintage 208. all parts used are originals.

then i’ve done the motherboard the same way - the only difference is that i’ve decided to omit the ribbon cables which connect the motherboard to all jacks on a panel and make a dedicated hole and pad on a pcb for each jack.

i’ve added pads for both vintage sliders and modern ones (used on rev1)

preset card

most of the vintage parts may be substituted with the modern ones, but they are not very expensive and hard to find.

full BOM and the detailed assembly instruction with lots of pictures will be provided in a couple weeks

kit includes:
- motherboard (~17x7")
- 12 daughter cards
- transfer pcb for an edge connector
- 2 patch cards (blue ones)

i do not make panels and reverb frames - these are provided by user andy - he will start a topic here next days. as far as i know brushed, silkscreened and milled panel is $90; reverb frame (should be mounted on a motherboard) is $25.
reverb tanks and rogan knobs are managed by a user xpander.
coloured rubber switch/slider caps are managed by a user boops.

the PCBs are already being manufactured, should be ready for shipping in ~3-4 weeks
price is $600 incl worldwide shipping and pp fees
order here

if you order - please do not forget to mention in details that this is a payment for a 208 PCBs kit, your real and forum name, shipping address.

PS: yes, i'm working on a 218, but have no idea when i'm finished. atm i can offer 216 PCBs kits.

PPS: i've developed a cheap boat and PSU solution for 208 or any other Buchla modules, it will be offered in a month or so.
LeftyLogic
HOLY FHTAGN! eek! My wallet just died a little. we're not worthy
Maco
very frustrating very frustrating very frustrating very frustrating hyper hyper hyper

Want it, just a question the kit includes all the components?
ok Probably no jajaja so how much are all the components?

Dead Banana
Dogue
roman_f wrote:
atm i can offer 216 PCBs kits.

What are the details on these?
tojpeters
Will the additional patch cards be available on an ongoing basis or is it now or never?
roman_f
1) i'll make a 216 offer pretty soon, if there's an interest
2) components incl. hardware are maybe $300 more
3) cards would be offered on an ongoing basis
Maco
Hey Roman this will work with the IPROGRAM card?

http://buchla.com/todd-bartons-overview-iprogram-card-music-easel/
roman_f
Maco wrote:
Hey Roman this will work with the IPROGRAM card?

http://buchla.com/todd-bartons-overview-iprogram-card-music-easel/

i guess so
Cheradenine
roman_f wrote:

most of the vintage parts may be substituted with the modern ones, but they are not very expensive and hard to find.

I wouldn't call the irreplaceable pair of UA726 "not very expensive and hard to find"...quite the opposite in fact !
construct09
Enjoy the show!
windspirit
Is this going to be a one off thing or will these be available for a bit?

Great job mate
roman_f
Cheradenine wrote:
roman_f wrote:

I wouldn't call the irreplaceable pair of UA726 "not very expensive and hard to find"...quite the opposite in fact !

i've bought them for $10 @ ebay
Neovintage
eek! lots of us paid 120 bucks for 2.
demian
One difference, original NOS Goldplated legs VS clones
Neovintage
Ok thanks thumbs up
roman_f
demian wrote:
One difference, original NOS Goldplated legs VS clones

well, these clones work well
Chaotic
Now when I´ve spent all my money in Serge DIY this comes out.
sad banana
Tried one of these 208r clones couple of years ago. That experience got me in to DIY. Now I´ve 3 1/2 Serge panels to play with and 4 panels in my backlog It's peanut butter jelly time!
artisan
Looks awesome!
c1t1zen
Wow, I hope I'm not too late to order after my vacation this month. The fact that you traced the routing I am sure helps keep it all sounding as close to the original as possible.

I have to ask, where are you sourcing those slider caps? I need a bunch in different colors for my ARP repairs.
flts
interested whether these will be available after preorder period as well. i'd love to build one but no spare money for a month or two now.
rekem1000
Awesome, looks better built than the new BEMI ones!
lintfresh
OH. MY. SHIT.

I wish I could afford this right now. eek!
LeftyLogic
windspirit wrote:
Is this going to be a one off thing or will these be available for a bit?

Great job mate

+1
I can't afford it right now, but if these are going to be available on a continuing basis, I WILL be getting one. ...Someday? Dead Banana
spneca
This is amazing!!! Great work!
Arnoid
Hard to resist screaming goo yo

How much time to preorder ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 1 of 6