MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Jupiter Storm Mounting Bracket
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Author Jupiter Storm Mounting Bracket
toneburst
Does the Jupiter Storm panel from the Hexinverter.net shop come with a mounting bracket?

If not, does anyone have any tips on fixing the DIY Jupiter Storm PCB to the front panel? It doesn't look to be as straightforward as some of the other panels, as the controls aren't in a straight vertical line.

a|x
oscarthesquirrel
same question..have built the PCB and don't have a clear idea of how to mount the board so that it will sit tidily in my rack.

I have my IC's socketed too, so that decreases a bit of clearance room....any tips/pics anyone ?
oscarthesquirrel
OK - I figured out a relatively neat way of doing this - bracket mounts centre of the panel using the osc2 pot and the osc 2 jack as fixing points.

Attached pics show the cardboard template and the end result (although my wiring job isn't the best!).

navej80
oscarthesquirrel wrote:
OK - I figured out a relatively neat way of doing this - bracket mounts centre of the panel using the osc2 pot and the osc 2 jack as fixing points.

Attached pics show the cardboard template and the end result (although my wiring job isn't the best!).

Very nice! When I got my pcb/panel set, I was kinda stumped on how to go about this. Thanks for sharing!
navej80
Here is my go at it. Some aluminum sheet from Lowes. I ended up folding it at the wrong spot at first, so had to hammer it out and fold it correctly. Now just waiting for the components to complete the build.

oscarthesquirrel
Looks a lot neater than mine...I had to buy a cheap aluminium serving dish from a local $1 Japanese store and cut that ....
gis_sweden
Old thread...
But thanks for the input applause
Looking in the container for metal junk everyday.
Hopefully a nice piece of al appears hihi
hexinverter
Some years ago, I made a little video to address this panel bracket making!

It's up on the DIY tips of the Hex site if you haven't seen it as of yet... This is fun!

http://www.hexinverter.net/diy-tips-1/
gis_sweden
Thanks w00t
And I learnt a new expression "eyeball it" razz
hexinverter
gis_sweden wrote:
Thanks w00t
And I learnt a new expression "eyeball it" razz

Good enough is good enough! smile This is fun!
gis_sweden
Thank for your help!
Now my storm is ready applause
Here is my bracket template. Every square is 1 x 1 cm.
Mounted my bracket on the right side with the pcb upside down.
I call the module Storm Born (Storm Född).
The piece of metal i made the bracket of came to me
during a storm, from a roof - or maybe Jupiter meh

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Page 1 of 1