MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Current cost of Serge Animal?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Current cost of Serge Animal?
amnesia
Anyone know what the current cost of a Serge animal is?

I may pick one up.

I feel the animal is really an amazing collection of modules :-)
3vcos
For some reason the only way to find out is to give STS a phone call. The only way to get the STS phone number is to know the secret handshake. You will find a symbol of the handshake in the Sun Chamber. The only way to discover the Sun Chamber is to travel to the Map Room on Summer Solstice and use the amulet....
parasitk
The phone number is all over the place, even here.

The prices however, require the Spirit Bracelet and the 5 Seals of the Elements. Here's a wooden sword and 20 rupees – begin your quest!

(Actually someone recently mentioned the Animal price here, but I forget which thread it was in, sorry).

edit: this is the best i could find: http://muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=149252#149252
amnesia
I am not sorry I sold my 4 panel Serge, helped me get a Buchla 200e, but I would like just an animal :-)
Audio Resistance
They are about $4500.00 to $5000.00 depending on what psu and box. That includes around $100.00 to ship in the States and I think you live in Australia so I have no idea on shipping for that.
Pockets McCoy
amnesia wrote:
I am not sorry I sold my 4 panel Serge

Thank god, I'd feel like a home wrecker if you regretted selling it... Mr. Green
mermott
nice sergisms here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8aBf0Fu6mc
sascha.victoria
I think the Animal is the best collection of modules. I currently have an Animal, CV1, and a TKB. Sometimes when I think about expanding my Serge I think I should get another Animal. That being said I'm fairly certain my next panel will be a Red Voice. So it goes.
smitty
wrong thread...
zthee
mermott wrote:

Now wait a minute! You've got 4 WAD on a panel?! That is "#&"#&"€"! insane! INSANE! FOUR WAD!

What's the module in the lower left corner - it looks like a PEF but not quite?

Thanks for sharing!
mermott
just pointing, not my video !
zthee
Ah, thought it was yours!

I'll ask in the video smile
amnesia
I was thinking $3900 for the animal and $350 for the PSU , you dont really need a boat. plus postage, or are the 09 prices wrong?

Pockets great to hear from you , you disappeared aftert the purchase...believe it of not the euro modules of yours are hopefully going to be plugged in when my Monorocket case arrives :-) Its only been 6 months of thinking Randal was going to do something that has left me with no phun. Luckily I have the 200e and Synthi to keep me occupied :-)

Do i really miss the Serge, well yes and no. but an Animal is really all I would want now and maybe a WAD.

No that the euro modulars have stackables and MATHS/ Pressure Points/Rene etc its getting closer
Audio Resistance
amnesia wrote:
I was thinking $3900 for the animal and $350 for the PSU , you dont really need a boat. plus postage, or are the 09 prices wrong?

You just want a panel without the box/chassie around it? If so then yes, you are about right because the box is $250.00 or something around there. Sorry my prices are not spot on. I ordered alot at once and it is hard to remember exact quotes.
mermott
What is it you miss the most from the Serge Amnesia ?
amnesia
I miss the sound of it really, I dont know any euro format filters that sound like the Serge, I also miss being able to patch anything to anything, but I am buying 20 stackable euro patch cords and the Make Noise Pressure points so that may kill off my lust.

There is no doubt the Serge is a beast :-)
3vcos
hmmm, I wonder how much a soup kitchen 1 is selling for...
SynthBaron
3vcos wrote:
hmmm, I wonder how much a soup kitchen 1 is selling for...

I DONT KNOW CALL REX

Dead Banana
smitty
It's too eggspensive. Run away while you can.
ndkent
zthee wrote:
mermott wrote:

Now wait a minute! You've got 4 WAD on a panel?! That is "#&"#&"€"! insane! INSANE! FOUR WAD!

What's the module in the lower left corner - it looks like a PEF but not quite?

Thanks for sharing!

Ha! I there was in the audience (of about 20)

That's morely robertson who's lives in Tokyo. He bought that Serge from Rex in 1994 if I'm remembering what he said. Prior to that he studied with Ivan Tcherapnin.

The only other big Serge in Japan I know of if owned by Yann Tomita (no relation to Moog sensei Isao Tomita) has a his own 6 or so panel Serge though he got hold of a 200e recently. A recently release of his has a fold out poster of his Serge patch diagram and polaroids of Rex, Roxanne and company building his Serge in the early 90s.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1