MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

I didn't know...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author I didn't know...
Oxix52
...that the tops of the knobs on the Buchla modules could be adjusted. What I am referring to is the little cap on top of the knobs that have the line that points to the value. I was freaking out because some of mine had gotten moved somehow and the center detent was not aligning with the center. All you have to do is just use your fingernail and move the little cap to line it up. I'm glad I discovered that before I called to send it it oops .

One question, though. My 261e principle oscillator has a strange quirk. When I turn the frequency knob up close to the 7040 value, the frequency jumps down. In other words, in order to dial in the lowest frequency of the principle oscillator, I have to turn it all the way to the right. It goes up in frequency and then jumps down at the top. I haven't tried it yet, but can this be fixed just by adjusting the pot that is just below the frequency knob? I suppose I should just try it hmmm..... . I don't think that would hurt anything.
divisionbyzero
Oxix52 wrote:
...that the tops of the knobs on the Buchla modules could be adjusted. What I am referring to is the little cap on top of the knobs that have the line that points to the value. I was freaking out because some of mine had gotten moved somehow and the center detent was not aligning with the center. All you have to do is just use your fingernail and move the little cap to line it up. I'm glad I discovered that before I called to send it it oops .

the inserts sometimes do move around. i usually add a small drop of airplane cement to hold them in place if this becomes a problem.

Oxix52 wrote:
One question, though. My 261e principle oscillator has a strange quirk. When I turn the frequency knob up close to the 7040 value, the frequency jumps down. In other words, in order to dial in the lowest frequency of the principle oscillator, I have to turn it all the way to the right. It goes up in frequency and then jumps down at the top. I haven't tried it yet, but can this be fixed just by adjusting the pot that is just below the frequency knob? I suppose I should just try it hmmm..... . I don't think that would hurt anything.

check your fine tune pot (the small one to the upper right of the principal knob). if that's all the way to the right it's not out of the question to get pitch rollover.

the trimmer you're referring to is for stretch tuning. it helps you get accurate tracking in different octaves. i use this with the 222e a lot (i'll tune three octaves apart and then adjust until the octaves are all accurate). if you use the 225e's internal bus you don't need to worry about this as some of the adjustment is done internally but with external voltages you run into the same issues that pianos do:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piano_tuning#Stretched_octaves
xpander
the harvestman's buchla:

infinite7
sexy.
Lyonel
Military !
infinite7
what module is that second from the far left in the bottom boat?
it looks like a third party module.
i apologize in advance if this is old news.
shamann
infinite7 wrote:
what module is that second from the far left in the bottom boat?
it looks like a third party module.
i apologize in advance if this is old news.

Eardrill Pendulum/Ratchet
infinite7
okay so now i'm embarrassed
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1