MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

plumbutter + another instrument (post your tracks here)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author plumbutter + another instrument (post your tracks here)
windspirit
So I'm just going to go ahead and start a thread of the plumbutter interacting with other instruments/ modular synths since there seem to be a lot of posts about that right now and I thought it would be nice to consolidate them into one place. I especially am interested in ways of interfacing the instruments with voltage or using the plumbutter to filter external audio in a creative way.

This video is me using a 3-roll buffered clock output to clock my korg volca beats. There is a lot of interesting re-structuring of beats that can be accomplished this way since sometimes the clock output generates weird bursts that are very repetitive. Planning on building a format jumbler soon to interface with my eurorack setup.

Also I think it would be best to have the focal point of this thread be the plumbutter because it is such an esoteric instrument with algorithmic capabilities that I feel the applications of interfacing it with other instruments will be a lot more interesting than say running an oscillator from your other gear into the FM input of a sidrassi. Also since the cocolase needs samples to work, it is almost always used with another instrument. However of course if you come up with an interesting application lets see it.
windspirit
also highly suggest the plumbutter/ volcabeats combo. the combination of "traditional"
drum sounds along with the wackyness of the plumbutter allows the whole thing to find something just between crazy freakout and repetitive dance loop.
wednesdayayay
Do you like the volca snare better than the internal PB one?

I like the PBS snare but not really so much for snare sounds. More for hi hat wind/sea noise and cowbell. I like the combination of instruments but I'll listen to it in a bit on proper speakers for a better idea.

Also let me just say your synth slab is gorgeous woah

A while ago a put up a video controlling the plumbutter from the korg sync iOS app which works as expected at certain speeds. I forgot to pursue a monotron or volca series cool stuff.
windspirit
Thanks dude. Yeah i guess i like the volca snare better, but as you can see my volca is pretty heavily modded so ive done the cap fix and also added a seperate decay control for the noise section, so it has a lot more timbral cusimization than the PB snare
RajaTheWigglinWanker
windspirit wrote:
...or using the plumbutter to filter external audio in a creative way.

hmmm... i can't tell if it would be best to post this in this thread or somewhere else... feel free to let me know(the plumbutter could be considered the focal point since i've defined/designed every sound and dsp-effect around it, but is not evident by the visual of this 'experimenting at home' video).

guitar going through the aux to avdogs:

(some explanation maybe... uh... my shitty guitar playing(doin a cheesy(just for fun) space/spaghetti-western style mixed with ska Rockin' Banana! ), going thru the avdogs, which are then sent(thru white) to ultrasound(green).
blue verso of avdog is fedback from orange(but also gets an injection from opposing avdog's red).
blue inverso of avdog gets injected with greymatter and an orange from mwrs
i also did some weird things to save space so my explanation gets hairy here...
i stacked reds of avdogs into adjacent ultrasound yellow(i know they're both outputs) but this basically modulates blue verso of avdob by opposing 'ultrasound-yellow+avdog-red'...
purple on ultrasounds are modulated by various oranges on mwrs, and finally the blue-inverso of the greymatter is controlled by a brown from 4-rollz.)
deltaphoenix
That is AWESOME we're not worthy
RajaTheWigglinWanker
deltaphoenix wrote:
That is AWESOME we're not worthy

Thanks so much!
Truly appreciate it smile

i uploaded a different version of the same track to my vimeo, too... this one highlights the effect of the plumbutter more(at least it's interesting to hear how different the plumbutter can sound with the same patch), so i figure i'll sneak it into this post, haha.
but my apologies for posting different versions of the same track, i won't make a habit of it, just this once. helps me move on from the song quicker:
windspirit
Really cool stuff. It all fits together so nicely
asteroid anxiety
Sounds great, and different to PB stuff I have heard previously.
RajaTheWigglinWanker
Thanks so much asteroidanxiety and windspirit!

I'm thinkin the next step is to try to use the other auxes at the same time... Will surely have more to share again soon. SlayerBadger!
analog therapy
hi !!! as I just had my plumbutter 2 and that the title suggests that this post is dedicated to songs made with plumbutter + other gear, so I post two videos I made ​â€â₠¬Â¹with my analog4 + my anushri and my plumbutter 2 for the first video, and only analog4 with plumbutter on the second video. I am sorry but i had a problem near the end of the video 2, I have chained 1bar of 2 different patterns on one single pattern accidentally.... very frustrating d'oh! seriously, i just don't get it
cheers!!!! SlayerBadger!

plumbanalog

plumbanalog II
windspirit
Only about 20 minutes into the first one but I am really enjoying it! As someone who loves both techno/ organized music and noise/ abstract music this scratches a deep itch for me. Welcome to the world of ciat!
analog therapy
yes i played only 4 times with my plumbi for the moment and my analog 4 is arrived last week, so i don't know very well the 2 machines, i love many styles of electronic music and i love mix them together, but i make 2 videos on my youtube, of the plumbi solo if you want...

see you soon Guinness ftw!
analog therapy
hi there !!! another track with my plumbutter 2 and my analog 4 who clocked MWTRS, i hope you enjoy !!! Guinness ftw!

fears in wonderland
andriesvds
w00t SlayerBadger! applause
kozepz
Solid shizz! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
analog therapy
lol thank you very much to all !!! Guinness ftw! nanners
Dirty_Bill
analog therapy wrote:
hi there !!! another track with my plumbutter 2 and my analog 4 who clocked MWTRS, i hope you enjoy !!! Guinness ftw!

fears in wonderland

Wobble comes to CL! thumbs up
Modulus
analog therapy wrote:

fears in wonderland

sick man, really loving this!
analog therapy
thank you very much to all of you for the kind words. thumbs up I just start with the plumbutter, I got there a little more than a week, and my analog 4 one week before the plumbutter. this was my fifth sessions with plumbutter and third sessions with the 2 together, so I have a lot to learn, but the plumbutter is already much more clear to me that the analog 4, damn that this synth is complex woah but really fabulous, truly it works just like a modular but virtual, and I never imagined that the two go well together, it's really stunning! thanks to all again !!! wink and more to come soon....very soon....maybe...........tonight !!!! hihi SlayerBadger!
pugix
Made this last week. It's half of PB, with rollz and MTWS for triggering, taken out and processed in VC delays and ring modulation. Voltages from the Cocoquantus were used to control the delays and ring mod.

http://pugix.com/synth/processed-plumbutter/

I'll be posting about inline pots I made up to patch from the modular going INTO CV on Ciat-Lonbarde gear.
ModusOp
These are all so freakin' cool! applause

I have a PB2 (and Tetrax) heading here really soon and have been toying with the notion of eventually interfacing it with some Eurorack. I can't wait to start experimenting! screaming goo yo

I've thought of a few different ways to hook it all up, but I'm going to have to read up on the various voltages first to determine which route I'm going to try to go.
ModusOp
Hmm... This thread https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=116667 seems to give some info I'm looking for. I apologize for covering ground that's alread been discussed. Just trying to figure out what I can and can't do. smile
analog therapy
hi everybody ! after that terrible attack on muff, I am very happy that the forum was reopened, so to celebrate as it should be here are a little jam made with plumbutter and bleep labs nebulophone for harmonics drone, I hope you enjoy ! Mr. Green

abyss
windspirit
Another great one analog therapy grin
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2